• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire mileage

f3504x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We recently purchased a m109a3 located in philly and we reside in nor cal. Our question is, how many miles can one expect out of 900x20 ndt ties?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It depends on their age and condition. The casing may fly apart in a few hundred miles.

Original new NDTS would be around 20k depending on the load

f3504x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put new tires on the front steer axles and use the takeoffs as spares.
Get your tools ready. Is this like a 16 day drive?
Not sure how many days. I take it 900x20 tires wont last long? And i do not know 4 digit number on any of the tires. It will be an adventure im sure. Will a bottle jack raise unit enough for tire r&r? Thank you for taking the tome to respond.
Ron

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thank you for the information. Where can someone purchase new 900x20 ndt tires?
Thank you in advance.
There isn't that is reasonable

If you want to swap tires go to g177s in 1100r20. Will increase your road speed and they wear like iron. Takes alot to wear em down

f3504x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very good to know , thank you once again.
My opinion, not that you asked for it- run with what you have . You have plenty of spares. Change out to 395's on mrap rims with spacers at some point in the future.

G177s look good on a deuce. The clearance is just barely not enough and they don't hit all the time, just intermittently. There's a solution that will allow them to be used. I don't remember what it is, probably something like a small spacer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks