• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire options for m923

Gas

I have m923A2. The tires Michelin 14R20. Date code 2012. One of the steers has a blemish where the tire is embossed. This tire may have deflated at one time. New these tires are expensive and no way can I afford six. I must admit I am concerned about safe operation now. Has anyone installed a substitute tire, for instance a slightly smaller tire of other manufacture? Any way this is a big problem for me.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
395 85 r 20 are the next size smaller. 46in. Common replacement but you must do all at one time

1600r20s are the largest size

New tires are always expensive. Regardless Of size. The old days tire contracts are gone where lots of new tires were available for cheap

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put an ad up for one or more 14.00. You may get lucky with someone that did the full replacement and has a couple reasonable take-offs. At some point they may be entirely un-obtainable, but I bet you can score 1 or 2 of the 14.00.

charlesmann

I have m923A2. The tires Michelin 14R20. Date code 2012. One of the steers has a blemish where the tire is embossed. This tire may have deflated at one time. New these tires are expensive and no way can I afford six. I must admit I am concerned about safe operation now. Has anyone installed a substitute tire, for instance a slightly smaller tire of other manufacture? Any way this is a big problem for me.
Might check with @Russ Knight he might have michelin 14s.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
We have used 1400s available between Nashville and Knoxville for $250 ea. Delivery to Atlanta and Albany area is available

Gas

Thanks everyone for your reply. I think the 395 may be the best option, however then I will need six. I plan to replace one of the michelins and repair three leaks that are most likely passing the O ring in the rims. Thats a lot of work to just knock off a small piece of rust! Then the ctis also quit last year deflating all tires if it’s plugged in. So at the same time I hope to find the leak and get the inflation system working again. Thanks again everyone for your reply.

Reactions: 98G
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks