• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tired of the EUC delay BS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gear Report

I've had it with getting the run-around at GP and there being zero accountability in the EUC system. So, I sent the following to my Congressman.
"Howdy Mark,
I ask for your help getting government surplus property that was bought at auction and paid for 16 weeks ago released for pick up.

This isn't just my problem. Everyone who buys vehicles from federal auctions is stuck in the same boat. The auction company (https://www.govplanet.com/ often called GP) collects the paperwork (End Use Certificate), and payment, then sends it off to the TSC... and it is like a black hole. Info goes in but it doesn't come out.
Here's the full process:
After you win an auction for a HMMWV you have to fill out the End Use Certificate (EUC) application and submit for approval. In this case, since USMC trucks have a couple of additional checks, the flow looks like this:

- EUC application filled out and submitted by buyer to GP for review
- GP checks for errors, works with buyer on corrections, then submits to Defense Logistics Agency.
- DLA enters EUC application into their system, then sends to TSC.
- TSC completes a background check and sends the approval letter to DoD.
- DoD reviews for approval then send to USMC.
- Apparently, there is one Major at USMC who, among other job functions, reviews and issues final approval.

All of this for surplus military trucks that have already been overzealously demilitarized. So... they are just trucks. No armor. No weapons. No radios. Just thoroughly stripped trucks.

When you go through the EUC process listed above they put you on a list for faster turn around on future purchases within 5 years. I bought my last USMC HMMWV in 2018. So, GP set the expectation that it might take as much as 2-3 weeks to get my paperwork verified and release my truck. I am now almost 17 weeks from the auction and over 16 weeks from making full payment and submitting my paperwork. Contacting GP is useless. Their phone support folks have a script that says to be patient, but no real info or visibility into how the EUC paperwork is making its way through the system.

I have over $27,000 tied up in this purchase that I was supposed to be able to pick up MONTHS ago. Yet I can get no meaningful info on when I will be able to pick it up, where my paperwork is in the process, what is holding things up, etc. Just generic blame placed on "covid". Yet they are still auctioning new trucks every week.

I feel 100% powerless in this situation and would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide in getting my truck released, and accountability and visibility within the EUC process."

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I've had it with getting the run-around at GP and there being zero accountability in the EUC system. So, I sent the following to my Congressman.
"Howdy Mark,
I ask for your help getting government surplus property that was bought at auction and paid for 16 weeks ago released for pick up.

This isn't just my problem. Everyone who buys vehicles from federal auctions is stuck in the same boat. The auction company (https://www.govplanet.com/ often called GP) collects the paperwork (End Use Certificate), and payment, then sends it off to the TSC... and it is like a black hole. Info goes in but it doesn't come out.
Here's the full process:
After you win an auction for a HMMWV you have to fill out the End Use Certificate (EUC) application and submit for approval. In this case, since USMC trucks have a couple of additional checks, the flow looks like this:

- GP checks for errors, works with buyer on corrections, then submits to Defense Logistics Agency.
- Apparently, there is one Major at USMC who, among other job functions, reviews and issues final approval.

All of this for surplus military trucks that have already been overzealously demilitarized. So... they are just trucks. No armor. No weapons. No radios. Just thoroughly stripped trucks.

When you go through the EUC process listed above they put you on a list for faster turn around on future purchases within 5 years. I bought my last USMC HMMWV in 2018. So, GP set the expectation that it might take as much as 2-3 weeks to get my paperwork verified and release my truck. I am now almost 17 weeks from the auction and over 16 weeks from making full payment and submitting my paperwork. Contacting GP is useless. Their phone support folks have a script that says to be patient, but no real info or visibility into how the EUC paperwork is making its way through the system.

I have over $27,000 tied up in this purchase that I was supposed to be able to pick up MONTHS ago. Yet I can get no meaningful info on when I will be able to pick it up, where my paperwork is in the process, what is holding things up, etc. Just generic blame placed on "covid". Yet they are still auctioning new trucks every week.

I feel 100% powerless in this situation and would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide in getting my truck released, and accountability and visibility within the EUC process."

Very nicely written letter... Will be interesting to see what he comes back with. You definitely took the "high road" writing your document. That alone might actually get a little more action. Best of luck on your quest!

fpchief

"Howdy Mark,

Here's the full process:

And Mr. Congressman there's more....once we get our EUC, we have another 4-8 month wait to get the appropriate paperwork to title it and get a tag.

DmentdDan

Y
"HMMWV DIY: How to stress out over things you have no control over!!"
You crack me up! I’m glad you are so calm and collected. But I wonder what would happen if you went to a car dealer and put $27,000 down on a car that is to be delivered in 2 months but you don’t get it. More than 4 months into you waiting I’m sure you would just say, “Well I have no control so why worry”.

Reactions: 007

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I would like to see the river of tears from folks if they decided one day to collect all the Hmmwvs from civilian hands. Not likely but would be entertaining for some of us. Then See how long you have to wait to get your check for it

And not all trucks sold on govplanet require an euc.

DmentdDan

I would like to see the river of tears from folks if they decided one day to collect all the Hmmwvs from civilian hands. Not likely but would be entertaining for some of us. Then See how long you have to wait to get your check for it

And not all trucks sold on govplanet require an euc.
You’d like to see that huh? What’s that say about you as a person? Why are you on this forum if you want to see fellow military vehicle collectors lose said vehicle? Pretty douche statement imo

fpchief

You’d like to see that huh? What’s that say about you as a person? Why are you on this forum if you want to see fellow military vehicle collectors lose said vehicle? Pretty douche statement imo
I assure you he did not mean that the way you are assuming. You said that to who is most likely the biggest advocate for MV's on this site. You might should not make assumptions.

DmentdDan

I assure you he did not mean that the way you are assuming. You said that to who is most likely the biggest advocate for MV's on this site. You might should not make assumptions.
I used exact words, not one assumption. I standby my statement even if he was Jesus himself. His statement is what it is. That doesn't mean he couldnt be a great guy or a great supporter of MV's, BUT his statement is what IT is. Not an assumption to dislike people finding it "entertaining" to see people "cry a river of tears" when they lose their MV. See what I mean now? Douche statement, I didn't say he was a douche. Huge difference educate yourself and see I identified his statement and not him. Anything else?

edit: to add missing words

fpchief

I used exact words, not one assumption. I standby my statement even if he was Jesus himself. His statement is what it is. That doesn't he couldnt a great guy or a great supporter of MV's, BUT his statement is what IT is. Not an assumption to dislike people finding it "entertaining" to see people "cry a river of tears". See what I mean now? Douche statement, I didn't say he was a douche. Huge difference educate yourself and see I identified his statement and not him. Anything else?
I rekon Iz is justa uneduketed fella who aint got none dem biznuss talkin to a smert fella like youz iz.

Enjoy your stay here on SS...

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You get compensated for your vehicle if it was recalled by uncle Sam. So you can get a nice check in return for your time and what was put into it. This scenario has been elaborated on in other threads.. And in my opinion I do not believe Hmmwvs should be allowed on the street. Sorry. That was the original play of am general and I stand behind it.

Things like what happened with the hmmwv from yermo getting out causes backlash down the road cause someone got stupid or greedy.

I've done more contributions for the MV community than 98% of folks who support this site vs someone who hasn't posted any helpful content.

You can not legally title or drive a hmmwv in Illinois so it wouldn't really matter if you had one there or not. Your state courts have ruled that its a giant paper weight.

Last edited:

DmentdDan

You get compensated for your vehicle if it was recalled by uncle Sam. So you can get a nice check in return for your time and what was put into it. This scenario has been elaborated on in other threads.. And in my opinion I do not believe Hmmwvs should be allowed on the street. Sorry. That was the original play of am general and I stand behind it.

Things like what happened with the hmmwv from yermo getting out causes backlash down the road cause someone got stupid or greedy.

I've done more contributions for the MV community than 98% of folks who support this site vs someone who hasn't posted any helpful content.
Ummm, I'm new, so yeah I haven't posted useful content yet as I am learning oh sage one. As a matter of fact I don't even hope to know what the super educated folks know about MV.s I hope to contribute to the knowledge base someday and I hope to call out BS statements when I see them. Both are contributions in my opinion.

You may not want them on the road but that has ZERO relavance on whether your statement was more of a feminine cleansing product than a CONTRIBUTION. Do you disagree or are able to remove your heels that are dug in and admit it? Just talking about your generic statement about entertaining to see people lose their MV as you presented it the forum, not all the " I contribute and you don't crap" I'd like to think I am a person that admits it when called out on something, its how I grow as a person.

BTW i have begun work on developing a 24 to 12 volt trailer wiring converter box that is completely diy and won't cost much $ unlike the comercial ones. I could make a proprietary PCB and stick the electronics on it and patent it and it and hopefully make some $, but that wouldn't help anyone. I can't test it till I get my non road worthy HMMWV though. I planned on posting the schematics if it worked, would that be a contribution? Please speak loud as that pedistal you have risen too (evidently not knowing it) is awful high.

EDIT: fogot to say being paid when your MV is taken doesn't make your statement less Douche-ie

DmentdDan

Ummm, I'm new, so yeah I haven't posted useful content yet as I am learning oh sage one. As a matter of fact I don't even hope to know what the super educated folks know about MV.s I hope to contribute to the knowledge base someday and I hope to call out BS statements when I see them. Both are contributions in my opinion.

You may not want them on the road but that has ZERO relavance on whether your statement was more of a feminine cleansing product than a CONTRIBUTION. Do you disagree or are able to remove your heels that are dug in and admit it? Just talking about your generic statement about entertaining to see people lose their MV as you presented it the forum, not all the " I contribute and you don't crap" I'd like to think I am a person that admits it when called out on something, its how I grow as a person.

BTW i have begun work on developing a 24 to 12 volt trailer wiring converter box that is completely diy and won't cost much $ unlike the comercial ones. I could make a proprietary PCB and stick the electronics on it and patent it and it and hopefully make some $, but that wouldn't help anyone. I can't test it till I get my non road worthy HMMWV though. I planned on posting the schematics if it worked, would that be a contribution? Please speak loud as that pedistal you have risen too (evidently not knowing it) is awful high.

EDIT: fogot to say being paid when your MV is taken doesn't make your statement less Douche-ie
e

You can not legally title or drive a hmmwv in Illinois so it wouldn't really matter if you had one there or not. Your state courts have ruled that its a giant paper weight.
Replying to your edit, Did you happen to know that in Illinois a resident must title and tag a vehicle within 30day of establishing residency? This doesn't apply to military members who are residents of other states. Also and this is the kicker, businesses don't have to be title and tagged in illinois as they are exempted from the residency title and tag restrictions. Hmmmm maybe if someone had a business located in another state or was in the military they could drive that big ole paperweight on illinois roads LEGALLY wow Thanks for the contribution.
The more you type the further you get from admitting your statement was douch-ie and you get more troll like as your back gets further into the corner. Give it up man, I am just about done trying to help you grow as a person as I see it is of little interest based on your divergence from the issue that started all this...

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

Not going to argue with a newbie then even though you have been a member since 2014.

Only takes a few $6 inline step-downs wired with a 12pin or 4/7pin on the other side and about 10mins to make one And its 18inches long and no box is needed. Anyone who can see wire colors and a pin diagram can do that. Just most people don't know where to obtain stuff To get it done.

But in the long run it would suck for people but the headaches most hmmwv owners in certain states, that created issues for other mv owners trying to register their trucks l, cause they couldn't keep their mouths shut when they went to title it. On that it would be entertaining to strip em all
I say pull em back and send em to the EDA Program where they should have gone anyway

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
e

Replying to your edit, Did you happen to know that in Illinois a resident must title and tag a vehicle within 30day of establishing residency? This doesn't apply to military members who are residents of other states. Also and this is the kicker, businesses don't have to be title and tagged in illinois as they are exempted from the residency title and tag restrictions. Hmmmm maybe if someone had a business located in another state or was in the military they could drive that big ole paperweight on illinois roads LEGALLY wow Thanks for the contribution.
The more you type the further you get from admitting your statement was douch-ie and you get more troll like as your back gets further into the corner. Give it up man, I am just about done trying to help you grow as a person as I see it is of little interest based on your divergence from the issue that started all this...
You have to have foreign qualification for cross state business

GCWR of a hmmwv being used for business across state lines requires a dot medical card as well. Not a big deal but one of those things.

Please feel free to use the ignore button at your convenience

DmentdDan

Not going to argue with a newbie then even though you have been a member since 2014.

Only takes a few $6 inline step-downs wired with a 12pin or 4/7pin on the other side and about 10mins to make one And its 18inches long and no box is needed. Anyone who can see wire colors and a pin diagram can do that. Just most people don't know where to obtain stuff To get it done.

But in the long run it would suck for people but the headaches most hmmwv owners in certain states, that created issues for other mv owners trying to register their trucks l, cause they couldn't keep their mouths shut when they went to title it. On that it would be entertaining to strip em all
I say pull em back and send em to the EDA Program where they should have gone anyway
Yes Sir, I have been a member for a long time. reading and reading but never had a MV so I never felt I should say much but things have changed for me. I am trying to be a contributer but I have a lot to learn before I can do that.
I agree with your statement about the step downs but things start to get big fast. so I was gonna list parts and places to get them that would make it a manageble project for the novice. I want to help people, I have spent my entire working life in service to others. I enjoy it.
I agree that things are often ruined by people who can't keep quiet. But we will have to disagree on whether they should be on the road. Plenty of vehicles on the road that have less roadworthiness to me.

DmentdDan

You have to have foreign qualification for cross state business

GCWR of a hmmwv being used for business across state lines requires a dot medical card as well. Not a big deal but one of those things.

Please feel free to use the ignore button at your convenience
And the military personell legality? :)
Have a nice day and please by all means use the ignore button as well, but some of your post are very useful and knowledgable. The battery post you did on the excide 31 group helped me, so if its ok I'd rather not ignore you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks