• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tires and snow

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have a M923 and a M923A1. They have as you know different tires on them. I have Michellin 1400x20's on the M923A1 and Goodyear 1100x20 on the M923.
Which one of these do you think will be better in the snow? Even snow up to 18"
deep. I will be keeping both charged and will start them both everyday, but I wanted to get opinions on running in the snow. One other thing both truck have the
lever on the dash for the front wheels driving, and both engage.
Thanks for your opinion.

markmontana

My guess is the 11x20 will do the best. Lots of variables. Let us know what you find out.

The michelins have such large tread blocks, I think they may slip a bit, if the base is frozen.

seano11

Deep snow the michelins all the way. Actually any amount of snow on the road they are awesome. Ice not so much lol. The g177's we have on a water truck we use on the ice roads and well there ok maybe a step above the 1400s on ice

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks