• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Farm Truck

tlflow

I'm new to the MV scene, last time I was around this type of equipment was when I was in the NG. I bought this truck about a month ago to build a ranch in southeast Teaxs. Hauling stumps/debris to burn piles, building ponds and roads. It's a converted M939 w/17 yard box, not a museum piece. My plan for this year is to go through the truck and make sure truck is operationally ready for next spring.

M936 Dump Truck (small).jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'm new to the MV scene, last time I was around this type of equipment was when I was in the NG. I bought this truck about a month ago to build a ranch in southeast Teaxs. Hauling stumps/debris to burn piles, building ponds and roads. It's a converted M939 w/17 yard box, not a museum piece. My plan for this year is to go through the truck and make sure truck is operationally ready for next spring.

View attachment 847984
Well then... Welcome to the outfit!

You have a nice looking truck.
The big plus is that it has a hard top.

It looks to me like your new-to-you should be able to make a nice contribution to your business...

tlflow

I cleaned out the coolant system, had to replace the shutterstat (stuck open) and realized my coolant was brownish green, had what looked like dirt and rust in it. So, I flushed it with some FleetGuard Restore and some Restore Plus, replaced the water pump+belt added a coolant filter and recharged with 50/50 and SCA. (Cleaned out the fuel tanks while I was waiting on parts).

Water Pump.jpgCoolant Filter2.jpg

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
what is the Truck of the month contest? :cool:
We have a nominations thread that pops up on the first day of the month. @papabear runs that operation for the group.

Link for March 2022 is below:

Then on the 15th day of the month, the nominations become nominees and they need to campaign for their truck to get voted on as MVOTM (Military Vehicle Of The Month). Winners get a decal for their truck indicating what month they won in - and are entered into a MVOTY (Military Vehicle Of The Year) contest in January. All handled by @papabear and he will be HAPPY to have your truck in the contest!

@patracy will open the voting thread and the current contest is here:

We don't have a lot of trailer queens in the competiton, so don't worry about a spot of rust or a wrinkled fender. These are working trucks, so jump in with both feet and be ready to add your truck in April

tlflow

We have a nominations thread that pops up on the first day of the month. @papabear runs that operation for the group.

Link for March 2022 is below:

Then on the 15th day of the month, the nominations become nominees and they need to campaign for their truck to get voted on as MVOTM (Military Vehicle Of The Month). Winners get a decal for their truck indicating what month they won in - and are entered into a MVOTY (Military Vehicle Of The Year) contest in January. All handled by @papabear and he will be HAPPY to have your truck in the contest!

@patracy will open the voting thread and the current contest is here:

We don't have a lot of trailer queens in the competiton, so don't worry about a spot of rust or a wrinkled fender. These are working trucks, so jump in with both feet and be ready to add your truck in April
Thanks for keying me in, I'm not going to nominate myself, but if someone else feels the need I'm okay with it.
There are some cool machines out there!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks for keying me in, I'm not going to nominate myself, but if someone else feels the need I'm okay with it.
There are some cool machines out there!
There is an old saying that "self bragging is half scandle" but in this case, you really need to nominate your truck. You know more about it than we do, and in the monthly contest, when @papabear shuts down the nominations you need to campaign for your truck to get votes. You know, what you've done to it, where you have gone with it. Cute little kids riding in it or old veterans are a big hit. All the good stuff...

Don't hesitate to nominate your truck. Really. That is how we do it.

tlflow

There is an old saying that "self bragging is half scandle" but in this case, you really need to nominate your truck. You know more about it than we do, and in the monthly contest, when @papabear shuts down the nominations you need to campaign for your truck to get votes. You know, what you've done to it, where you have gone with it. Cute little kids riding in it or old veterans are a big hit. All the good stuff...

Don't hesitate to nominate your truck. Really. That is how we do it.
thanks. I’m way better at antisocial media. I’m gonna check out the truck of the month.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Welcome to the Brotherhood of green iron tlflow!!

Mullaney is correct....we DO appreciate seeing what pieces of ex-military vehicles our members own, how they found them, and what they've done to them.

It really helps us realize that we are not the only ones with the "green machine bug" and sorta helps us maintain our sanity.rofl

No pressure here but I think your "tipper" deserves a chance to be seen by all the members of our madness and to have her story told as she is obviously still earning her keep!!

Please consider nominating her for MV of the Month when we open the nomination thread on the first of April....you may be pleasantly surprised!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks