• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Top Ten Reasons I Need an M1070 (HET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

markmontana

1 thru 10: They are cool and carry 6.

Can't think of any other reasons.

oshkosh awarded 20 million egypt contract.jpg

DESCRIPTION AND SPECIFICATIONS

The Heavy Equipment Transport System (HETS) consists of the M1070 Truck Tractor and the M1000 Heavy Equipment Transporter Semi-trailer. The HETS transports payloads up to 70 tons – primarily Abrams tanks. It operates on highways worldwide (with permits), secondary roads, and cross-country. The HETS has a number of features that significantly improve the mobility and overall performance of the system in a tactical environment. The M1070 tractor has front- and rear-axle steering, a central tire-inflation system, and cab space for six personnel to accommodate the two HETS operators and four tank crewmen. The M1000 semi-trailer has automatically steerable axles and a load-leveling hydraulic suspension.

• TRACTOR LENGTH: 358 in
  • TRACTOR WIDTH: 102 in
  • TRAILER LENGTH: 622 in
  • TRAILER WIDTH (AT REAR BUMPER): 144.8 in
  • TRACTOR CURB WEIGHT: 41,000 lbs
  • TRAILOR CURB WEIGHT: 50,000 lbs
  • PAYLOAD: 140,000 lbs
  • ENGINE: 500 horsepower Detroit Diesel
  • TRANSMISSION: 5-speed automatic
  • SPEED: 40-45 mph on highway (25-30 mph with 70 ton payload)
  • RANGE: 300 mi
  • FORDING: 28 in
  • AIR TRANSPORTABILITY: C-5A and C-17

Truckoholic

The M1070 is fast becoming my dream MV truck!! Though I would ditch the 5th wheel and put a long bed on it off a M927!! hehehe
Yes, THAT would be freaking awesome! They are awesome looking trucks! I've been wanting one for quite some time now! So happy to see them finally being sold!!! I've been trying to move out of California for a while now anyway, but now it will be especially necessary for me to since the M1070s will be illegal here and can't be registered as a historical vehicle like I've done in the past to get away from the ridiculous smog nonsense.

1. Its HUGE
2. HUGE army trucks are cool
3. Everybody at the Rally will envy me.
4. Its a way to get back at your nosy neighbors.
5. Its a great excuse to move to somewhere without a HOA.
6. I can use it to tow my entire house.
7. If I get it stuck I have an excuse to buy a tank retriever.
8. If you buy a tank retriever you now have an excuse to buy the HET trailer to tow it once you use it to get you unstuck.
9. EVERYONE will envy your M1070, HET Trailer, and Tank Retriever.
10. With the amount of Diesel you will be using you now have a legitimate reason to open your own refinery.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You forgot the big one 1.2 MPG, that's all down hill with the jet stream at your back!

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, THAT would be freaking awesome! They are awesome looking trucks! I've been wanting one for quite some time now! So happy to see them finally being sold!!! I've been trying to move out of California for a while now anyway, but now it will be especially necessary for me to since the M1070s will be illegal here and can't be registered as a historical vehicle like I've done in the past to get away from the ridiculous smog nonsense.
I'm right over the stateline, got plenty of room for a HET...the neighborhood kids would go nuts over it! You could store it here with me as long as you like.

The neighbors would be more than OK with it once I took them for a ride in it...:twisted: I'll be sure to keep the tanks topped off with fresh diesel anytime you wanted to visit her.

Danger Ranger

As badass as it would be, I seem to find the top ten reasons NOT to get one easier to come up with...
1. Fuel mileage
2. Size
3. Lack of space
4. lack of space for trailer
5. Fuel for the tank I would need to go with it
6. Lack of space for the tank I would need to go with it
7. Fuel
8. Fuel, did I mention that already?
9. Lack of funds in general...
10. College....I think this one sums it up.

Other than all of that, it would be awesome to have one. Then I would have a tractor to haul my tractors.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay guys. Since these are not in private hands yet and are not for sale at your local car lot, you guys are tip toeing around the rules.

Once again a thread gets out of hand.

closing the thread before someone gets banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks