• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Torque and clearance specs

steelandcanvas

Need torque and clearance specs for my Deuce. Just exploded a sleeve, it took out a piston, and bugered up the head pretty good. Tried to download a TM, but keep getting Adobe Acrobat errors. Will buy a TM soon, no problem with that, but I need info ASAP. Truck is in mechanic's garage and he needs info to rebuild. I would assume I need:
Head bolt torque
Rod cap torque
Piston ring end gap
Piston to sleeve clearance
Pan bolt torque
And any other measurements he may need.

Thank You to anyone that helps in advance!

jwaller

no need to buy the tm's it's all here free for download. look to the left of page near bottom. it's all in there for free.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Right click on the file and save it to your computer. Then open the file and you should be golden. There is some kind of glitch where it won't open them of you click on the link, but it will allow you to save them.

Also, there are many head gaskets for the 465 series and each gasket has it's own torque value. Your gasket set should have some instructions with it.

I believe the latest style gasket calls for 158 ft. lbs, but don't quote me on that

Last edited: