• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tough Country 2" HD front springs to level my M1028?

fitz

I'm thinking of installing a set of Tough Country 2" HD front springs (pn # 18217) to level my M1028. I'm just looking to get rid of the rake that these trucks seem to have.
I searched through most of the lift kit post I found, but most of them were about bigger lifts to clear 37" tires. Im not looking for anything like that. Just trying to even the truck out and maybe add some 33" tires down the road.
Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks.
Fitz.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not too familiar with any rake as mine all sit kinda low in the back but you could go with a product called an easy inch or zero rate. Basically it's a 1" block that's bolted right to the spring pack with an included center bolt. I bought a couple of pairs but actually got them for the backs of my trucks.

LanceRobson

The M1028 has extra stiff rear spings as it is a shelter carrier. All the CUCV puckups are designed to sit level with a full load so at rest empty they should be higher in the rear. If you put stiffer taller springs in the front end you might have a bouncy and squirrely front end with a heavy cargo load.

Lance

fitz

The center pin on 1 spring sheared off and the middle leaf is working its way out if the spring pack.
I could get by taking it all apart and replacing the center pin, bushings, and u bolts.
I figure I might as well upgrade the springs while its apart.
As far as the zero rates, I'm pretty sure in Massachusetts they would consider them blocks, which would make them technicaly illegal.

GPrez

Chesapeake beat me too it. Check out the link he added. That is my 1028 with 2" tuff country HD springs and 1" zero rates in the rear. Adding the 2" springs without anything in the rear will make the front look higher. I'm very happy with my setup.

tourus

years ago I replaced the front springs on a k-25 but I went to the local spring shop and ordered the heavy duty k-30 front springs from them there was 4 leafs in the pack and was not stiff or any thing. might just be what you are looking to do . and was cheaper than all the lift kits I looked at. You would be able to keep the front rating at that point .. for winch , plow or what ever..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks