• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tow Light Set cable extender?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a salavage guy whe tells me he can get be a working M270 trailer for $5-600. I have my M813 there and I can ferry my dolly to the 813 so my next questions is, the trailer is 48 feet long, I don't think my cable for my tow bar light is even 40 feet has any one seen a female connector to connect two cables together? Or have one I can rent or borrow?

Last edited:
I made an extension for my wrecker light set. just used two of the connectors i had and a lot of tape to insulate/protect the back sides of the connectors.
with your standard iv cord and the wrecker light set all you would need is a short coupler to plug the two of them together.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this the wrecker tow light setup? If you can find another cord, you could get two receptacles, and make an adapter. As far as a purpose build connector to connect two cords, I doubt one was ever produced. Before I built my tow light setup, I used to put bare wires in the receptacle on the truck and then secure them with the lid down and taped. Worked ok. I used to have the letters for each (marker, ground, right, left) memorized, but I've forgotten.

PS- I do still plan to ship you the M37 tailgate! Life has a way of getting in the way though... If he has another m270 for that price or close to it, I'll deliver the tailgate to you when I come get the other trailer! I've been looking for an affordable m270 forever...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Was your wrecker light cord damaged? Mine is about 75ft long. There are extensions available for the truck side of the cable but not the light bar side, that I know of.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ferro.:
He told me he has seen several for sale lately, he does house moving on the side so he keeps an eye open for them. If he finds a couple I will give you a call. If the ones he finds are like the ones he has the lights are long gone or at least the plugs are. They don't use the brakes or the lights around here!