• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towbar adapter feet

3dAngus

Got my long awaited two towbar adapters (feet). Dropped one on my foot.
Now I only have three.

These are the 1.5" to 1" tb adapters for the monster towbar. There is a slight dispcrapancy in the monster towbar and MRAP towbar, where I am using them. The feet (adapters) have a ridge on the inside, and I am pointing it out with my finger. Not the middle one. This ridge prevents the MRAP from going in the towbar adapter 100%. There is going to be a little bit of machining that need be done, about 3/8", in order to get the towbar leg to slide all the way in the hole, and have some room for movement and alignment for the 1.5" pin to fit. Looks like the MRAP towbar leg is a little heftier than the Monster towbar leg and beefier around the pinhole. It is a 83K capacity tow, yet much lighter and has removeable sections for one man operation.

Just thought I would pass it around in case anyone else out there buys one. Thanks to Derrick for the tip on the purchase.

Oh, and no, this was the last pair he had. I tried to buy three sets, but they remain elusive.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
glad you found a set

does anybody know what the T/B from HE11 is rated for

emr

Dang!!!!!!!! Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also would love to find out the ratings for the bigSOB tow bar so i could have some cool decals made up that look like the mediums decals but correct weights , it just looks better with some to my eyes, even though i have seen a few and never even seen a hint of a decal...

Last edited:

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It hard to judge "scale" there, but it looks like an old time grinder (the hand grinder that was prevalent before the advent of todays popular 4.5" grinder), with a 7" grinding disc, would have enough blade stick out, to grind out that ridge.

emr

there are still 7 and 9 inch grinders readily available, probably larger for sure if U did a search, But since i have a ten inch circular saw, i would say if u knew a carpenter that had one the concrete blade would be cheap and get right in there ... just a thought

jaxsof

Those are the feet I have been looking for, too. I have a pair of the 1.25 x1.25 pin ones, I think for a HEMMT, and you really wouldn't want to even drop one near your foot, lest it might miss and get you.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didn't think of the circ saw. But there are abrasive blades for them that are designed for steel - no use to use one for concrete.

jesusgatos

I wouldn't use any kind of angle grinder or abrasive wheel on those parts if I could avoid it. Would be almost impossible to get a nice finish, and aside from looking like crap, all those grinder marks (nicks & gouges) would create stress-risers in the metal. Just wouldn't want to do anything to compromise their integrity if you're going to be towing anything near as heavy as what those were designed to pull. Why not just use a simple hand file? Or sure, throw them on a mill.