• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towing a M915A1, Drop the Driveline, or pull the axles?

I was just wanting to know the best way to tow an M915A1 would be
to drop the driveline or pull the axles or maybe both??? Towwing would
be several hundred miles. I have seen the older trucks with Detroit Locker
Equipped stickers on the door panels, are these in all the trucks? Thanks!

Nonotagain

Most M915 series trucks don't have lockers.

Pull the drive shaft and tape up the cap so that you don't loose the needle bearings.

If you pull the axles you will need to plug the hole or it will leak gear oil all over the place.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
To flat tow (with a Heavy towbar) just drop the driveshaft and cage the brakes (Do not trust it to hold air while towing).

If you hook airlines to the one being towed you can skip caging the brakes....just make sure they release when you charge the brakes on the towing vehicle.

hoopsoft

which axle shafts can you get away with pulling. both on the rear or 1 on each axle.

If pulling a 915 with a 915 you must hookup the air brakes unless your just going down the street. the recovery points are lower than the pintle it pushes the back of the truck up and is very difficult to get stopped. Seen it first hand and towed one myself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks