• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) ... question on temps to set for tire temperature alarms Hi and Lo

coachgeo

TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)

experimenting with the one i purchased while back. Just getting around to putting it on. Have it sorta installed. One thing it can monitor with its *external sensor(s) is temperature of tire... You can set it to warn you when it gets to a high "x degree f" and a low temp too. Any guess what temp should set these too?

*external sensors
> sensor is put on valve stem and way it fits sure to be damaged off road... But you can unscrew and stow away
> looks like will add two steps w/tool provided (or better "little" 12mm spanner) to air up/down tire via air chuck (my citis not repaired yet)
> sensors auto shut off when sitting to save battery. Start transmit again when your moving.

coachgeo

I have a simpler one, without temp, but still with pressure and solar. I think it was $20. Seems like a big change in price to add temp.

Like this one, but I only paid $20 for it from one of the zillion Chinese resellers... https://smile.amazon.com/Favoto-Monitoring-Universal-Real-time-Temperature/dp/B078RD479X/
if i recall right the process of getting what I ordered... it was a while back.... the 6 sensor option was not available in the less expensive. That and prices have gone up on them. I didn't pay the higher price they sell for now. Was also concerned the 4 wheel one's; by how they were described, compared to the others... would not transmit far enough.

How's yours doing transmit wise?

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Range was ok. I've since taken it off because the little sensor caps leaked slowly, and would run the tires flat from sitting for several days. For $20 it was a fun experiment.

coachgeo

Range was ok. I've since taken it off because the little sensor caps leaked slowly, and would run the tires flat from sitting for several days. For $20 it was a fun experiment.
did yours have the backing nut to help lock them in place?

for shiats and grins. put them back on but use plumbers tape? I'll try that later.... right now I air up by air hose so it would not be practical. will watch for leaking though.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the backing nut does not affect the leaking, it's just a jam nut so they don't come unscrewed.

I didn't try thread sealant.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks