• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tpying and semliys not working right.

jasonjc

It seems about half the time now when I type the letter or spaces or what ever don't work. I have too hold down the key I'm trying to use. I can't use smiley faces either. When it's not typing right I get the red line under the letters right a way.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the red line is the spell checker for the browser you are using. When you say smileys, do you mean you can't get to the window where they are to select? if so, sounds like you have pop-ups disabled...

Did you recently change or upgrade browsers? Did you let someone else (kids?) use your computer?

jasonjc

The window opens but when I click on one nothing happens. The red line will start with the first letter. Right now its typing just fine. In another post that I edited I tried too change the color of the new text and it would not let me. It wont let me here , I high lite the words and it just starts to flash. And now typing is acting up.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have a wireless keyboard? if so, have you replaced the batteries? Have you used compressed air to clean out your keyboard?

jasonjc

Any one else use Hughes net gen 4???

This is driving me nuts. It took me 10 minuets to type a pm. I have to hit the keys 2 , 3 or 4 times each. It's only on this site and 60-70% of the time. Other sites or programs the key board works fine.

The site works right for me at work.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Any one else use Hughes net gen 4???

This is driving me nuts. It took me 10 minuets to type a pm. I have to hit the keys 2 , 3 or 4 times each. It's only on this site and 60-70% of the time. Other sites or programs the key board works fine.

The site works right for me at work.
The fact your account works fine at work means it'd be computer related to me. Have you also tried cleaning your browser? Are you running any security add ons for IE?

jasonjc

The fact your account works fine at work means it'd be computer related to me. Have you also tried cleaning your browser? How do I do that? Are you running any security add ons for IE? I do not think so , it seems to have started after the switch to Gen 4.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks