• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Traded M1009 for this Deuce

Gunfreak25

I finally got my first Multifuel. Always wanted one. Even came with 395's and cargo cover. It runs great, no issues. But I'm parking it until I have time to be more thorough on brakes and fluids.

It does have some oil leaks. Most appears to be from the cannisters. It looks like the steering box leaks, and its hard to tell if any part of the injection pump is leaking. I smell no diesel.

Priorities are fluids and brakes then my wife and I will have a nice weekend rig.

Oh! It's a 68 Kaiser, "55000" Miles.

Attachments

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

That is a nice looking truck, and seems to want only minor attention and a few nuts and bolts tightning up. Perhaps a jet wash? You have some great wheels and tires on it. "jolly well done.." as they say. (don't ask who they are!).

Gunfreak25

Yes a power wash will happen Saturday. I'll get new pics posted after its clean. I don't make a lot of money right now so my wife and I have to take it slow with the Deuce as far as maintenance goes. That big oil pan looking thing with all the bolts on the oil filer housing, is there a gasket there that's easily replaced? I assume it's empty when not running and I can pop it off and reseal it.

I haven't been here in 2 years. I had 1954 GMC M211 I repowered with a 6.2 Diesel a few years ago but I did not get to finish it. It's nice to be back and I see a lot of old faces!!

RaggedyMan

When I got mine home and got to working on it every leaky point I found was due to loose bolts; differentials, oil pan, oil & fuel filters, air lines (very minor but aggravating). Most every nut and bolt I put a wrench to was loose, the turbo oil return line had a bolt so loose I could see thread.

Sergeant1983

Nice MV. In the military, it was amazing how many times I found a leak from loose bolts. But we did drive hard in rough conditions a lot. I wish I had room for a toy that big.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I haven't been here in 2 years. I had 1954 GMC M211 I repowered with a 6.2 Diesel a few years ago but I did not get to finish it. It's nice to be back and I see a lot of old faces!!
Good to have you back! Post up any questions you may have and we'll see what we can do to help.

Gunfreak25

Well we don't really have the room either, it fits between the city sidewalk and the street. But it's a large dirt spot and zoning is super lax here even for non runners in the street. Hasn't been an issue. My neighbors love it!

I am looking through the TM's and cant yet find what that canister is that's close to the fuel injection pump in my pictures. It looks like an inline filter of some sort, or a pressure regulator.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well we don't really have the room either, it fits between the city sidewalk and the street. But it's a large dirt spot and zoning is super lax here even for non runners in the street. Hasn't been an issue. My neighbors love it!

I am looking through the TM's and cant yet find what that canister is that's close to the fuel injection pump in my pictures. It looks like an inline filter of some sort, or a pressure regulator.
Pic 6of 7? Thats a fuel filter for the flame intake heater. Take that whole system off and throw it away! You'll never need it in your climate and they are prone to MANY issues.

Gunfreak25

Ah hah! I'll make it my Saturday project. Seems i'll need some NPT plugs from my readings. The TM shows the oil filter housing as having a cooler built into it. I didn't realize they had one, cool design being integral to the motor.

It came with a spare set of gauges for the instrument cluster that are in very nice shape. Iridium paint, they still glow. And strangely enough it has a blower motor assembly out of a Red Dot AC unit. It is 24V and was just laying in the bed! My neighbor has "access" to parts for all MV's and said he can bring me a new hood and whatever else I might need. The cowl has 2 patch panels welded over rusty spots i'll cut out and redo. I work for a welding shop and get free materials.

FloridaAKM

That was definately an upward trade for you, good show! Now you get to do all the work of checking her out & getting her up to shape. Enjoy & welcome back to the forum!

Gunfreak25

Well I spent 3 hours yesterday power washing. Lots cleaner, sourced oil leaks to loose canister bolts and a brazed crack on the oil cooler sampling valve area. I'll be replacing it.
Found a goodie under the seat, a new trailer gladhand hose and some some tools. I found out the truck is an El Toro Cali DRMO truck, bought in 1999 by ArmyTrucks INC with 50000 miles. It has been used in movies and I hope to find out which ones tomorrow!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks