• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

trailer connect harness help

Blueduce

When I bought my truck someone had cut the wiring harness away from the trailer connect. I have a replacement trailer adapter given to me by a friend. I need to know Is there any way to rewire the trucks harness into the trailer adapter. I would rather not replace the rear wiring harness in the truck just now and I do not have a trailer to plug in and check. Any suggestions

Attachments

gunboy1656

Yes, on the site is the schematic for the rear wiring. Take that, a friend and a multimeter and trace the wires.

Not that hard to do, I had to do the same thing a couple years ago,

Blueduce

Thanks, you mean trace the wires back right? Is the same metal tag on the other end of each wire with a number that matches the end that was cut.

Blueduce

gunboy, Many thanks. I did find the schematic and downloaded the pdf. I will get after it as soon as the heat subsides down here if it ever does.

I just realized that you are in Darlington. It's not often you meet someone from the same county you grew up in. I used to live in Beaver county as well, My parents property was actually inside Raccoon Creek State Park in Clinton, PA off of Anderson Hozak Rd. South end of the park. If you have ever been to Kozak's Christmas tree farm you where less than a mile away. I left in 1980's but my Dad moved back. He's up by Pypatuning State Park. The rest of my family lives south of Pitt in the Duquesne / Mckeesport

Blueduce

Take a look at:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/61140-m35-wire-number-chart.html

That is a sticky posting in the deuce section.

If the little metal tags on the wires are still there, this will help.

EDIT: I took a look at your picture again and it looks like the tags went with the connector, not the wiring.

Arlyn
Yah the tags did go with the connector. Thanks for the link. With that plus the jpg I got from gunboy I should have it back up and running soon. I am going to talk to wallew (Jim) and see if he can come to the house and be my soldier #2 for the day. That way we I can go get your trailer out of storage so we can install/check the lights/wiring on it at the same time.

gunboy1656

gunboy, Many thanks. I did find the schematic and downloaded the pdf. I will get after it as soon as the heat subsides down here if it ever does.

I just realized that you are in Darlington. It's not often you meet someone from the same county you grew up in. I used to live in Beaver county as well, My parents property was actually inside Raccoon Creek State Park in Clinton, PA off of Anderson Hozak Rd. South end of the park. If you have ever been to Kozak's Christmas tree farm you where less than a mile away. I left in 1980's but my Dad moved back. He's up by Pypatuning State Park. The rest of my family lives south of Pitt in the Duquesne / Mckeesport
Been past those 2 areas all the time. Used to do training for the guard out in Burgettstown, and drive through Racoon all the time.

Blueduce

Thanks for the help with the wiring chart. I started pealing off all the old harness tape today. With all this heat I can only work for about an hour or so each evening. I got about two feet of old tape taken off and noticed that the wire insulation felt a bit soft and sticky. I would assume because of the old tape. Do you know how to tell when these old wire harnesses start to ware out or the insulation starts to decompose. I'm looking for cracks and cuts in the wire as I go I'm just not sure if I should consider replacing the entire harness or just repair the damaged sections.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks