• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tranny refill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lax

Does anyone have any tricks to refill/top off a Deuce Tranny? Right now I am crawling underneath and trying my best to pour as much of it as I can on the ground with only a little actually in the filler hole on top. Thanks.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have a small 12 volt pump that was salvaged off a spray tank that was towed behind a vehicle.

I put 1/2 rubber tubing on both sides of the pump and suck the fluid out of the container and into the tranny or differential.

Big Z

A lever style bucket pump is ideal..but a suction pump will work. They're basically a giant syringe with a flexible hose on the end. About $20 or so.

Lax

Thanks guys. That's helpful. The tranny leaks a a few drops per mile so now I have to figure out how much that is and how often to fill it. I may have a long trip tomorrow.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guys. That's helpful. The tranny leaks a a few drops per mile so now I have to figure out how much that is and how often to fill it. I may have a long trip tomorrow.
Are you over-filling it?

Lax

I need to get a good system of checking the level but I am 99% I have/am not over filling it. I am going to be driving about 16-18 hours in a relief effort for Sandy victims today and tonight from Upstate NY and I want to keep checking my fluids at every stop so I don't go from helper to vicim if my truck breaks down. My buddy usually checks the fluids for me so I need to learn how to check the tranny fluid on the go. Thanks.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to get a good system of checking the level but I am 99% I have/am not over filling it. I am going to be driving about 16-18 hours in a relief effort for Sandy victims today and tonight from Upstate NY and I want to keep checking my fluids at every stop so I don't go from helper to vicim if my truck breaks down. My buddy usually checks the fluids for me so I need to learn how to check the tranny fluid on the go. Thanks.
Do not fill up the trans to the fill hole, go one knuckle below the hole or it will leak.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unfortunately, the OP has started a second thread on this issue and conversation has moved to that thread.

Posting here is a waste of your time.

This is why we continue threads. It's about efficiency, politeness, and common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks