• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer case oil?

Lax

I know this is a simple question which usually turns into a long debate but can anyone suggest an oil for my M35A1 transfer case? I am going to use non-detergent 30W for the tranny but would like some thoughts for the transfer case. The truck sits for long periods. Thanks.

rustystud

I know this is a simple question which usually turns into a long debate but can anyone suggest an oil for my M35A1 transfer case? I am going to use non-detergent 30W for the tranny but would like some thoughts for the transfer case. The truck sits for long periods. Thanks.
You might want to reconsider using the 30W oil in the transmission. Just use a good 80/90W oil in the transfer-case and transmission. At least use a 50W oil in the transmission.
Big Dumb Truck posted today about using 30W in his transmission. You might want to read it.
Here it is. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?85007-M35a2-oils/page17 . It's post number 170 .

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks