• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer case pto removal

acesneights1

Anyone know if it's a big deal to remove the t case pto ?
I got a deuce with one and was thinking about taking it off before I sell the truck since they are probably rare. I have not been able to find the plate that covers the hole. Think I could make something ?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not too hard at all. There is a dog gear bolted to the shaft of the output gear of the case, don't forget tbat. Shift linkage is more difficult to remove in my opinion.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may suggest reading this thread, starting at Post #24 ...

Removing all parts involved can be a very tricky job sometimes, specially with no soldier "B" around...

First of all, not all of the six attaching nuts/studs of the housing can be reached with a socket & extension. The upper two nuts only come out with a box wrench, one flat at a time. And if the cargo bed is still in place, this has to be done by feel...
Than the driving dog clutch half can be a real bear to pull out. Even had to fabricate a special puller tool, once.
Finally, the shift lever assembly is bolted to the floor and it takes extra long arms to reach the bolts and nuts, simultaneously.

Good luck!

If you can't find the cover plate close by, let me know.

G.

acesneights1

I may suggest reading this thread, starting at Post #24 ...

Removing all parts involved can be a very tricky job sometimes, specially with no soldier "B" around...

First of all, not all of the six attaching nuts/studs of the housing can be reached with a socket & extension. The upper two nuts only come out with a box wrench, one flat at a time. And if the cargo bed is still in place, this has to be done by feel...
Than the driving dog clutch half can be a real bear to pull out. Even had to fabricate a special puller tool, once.
Finally, the shift lever assembly is bolted to the floor and it takes extra long arms to reach the bolts and nuts, simultaneously.

Good luck!

If you can't find the cover plate close by, let me know.

G.
A picture is worth 1000 words. Thanks. That gave me all I need.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go to any truck parts place. The cover is standard. Just remember to remove the studs and sell them with the PTO (you will get more for it that way). Just use regular bolts to secure the plate. The plate, gasket, six bolts and six lockwashers should cost you less than $20.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
ARe you guys talking about a plate like on the transmission? I thought the T-case pto was a different style? Anyone got pics, I don't think they are the same?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are talking about part #7521585 which is a round plate, not rectangular.
It is specific to the T-136- transfer cases.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks