• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer case switch on M923

Chitangi

Hey guys could someone give me information on the transfer case switch, I know these trucks are supposed to be driven in high but how do you turn the switch or convert to avoid damaging the tc.will appreciate a lot.

Csm Davis

Gee that was helpful
More so than your comment, but not the best. If you will look to the left of the steering column you will find a switch that says in and out. This controls the front drive when in high range, the front drive is automatically engaged in low range. I recommend that you do read the -10 and also look at other threads about bypassing this feature as it is why you should not backup in low range.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys could someone give me information on the transfer case switch, I know these trucks are supposed to be driven in high but how do you turn the switch or convert to avoid damaging the tc.will appreciate a lot.
Lever to the right of parking brake - all the way down towards the floor is high range, up a little is neutral, all the way up is low range.

Low range transfer + reverse on the transmission = badness. Don't do it.

Button on the end of the transfer shift lever allows shifting. Stuck button = weirdness.

If difficult to shift the transfer, try with truck off and no air in the system (pump the brakes).

6x6 high range is achieved by the switch on the dash. Placing the transfer in low range also automatically puts the truck in 6x6 in normally functioning unaltered 939 series trucks.

Many of us choose to alter our trucks so that 6x6 is only achieved by the switch on the dash and not automatically upon shifting to low range.

Difficulty shifting the transfer can be resolved by means of removing the air pressure supply to the transfer. Caution should be exercised as it is now possible (and easy) to shift the transfer without pressing the button on the transfer lever.

Does this answer your questions?

Csm Davis

Also you have 2 threads going about the same problem and it seems that you have no clue as to how to operate your truck, after I read the other thread I see that you don't understand the way the transfer case is operated at all. The leaver in between the seats that has a button on it will change the transfer case from high when all the way down, neutral when pulled up one detent, and low when pulled all the way. The button if it works properly should unlock the leaver to allow it to change ranges. The switch I talked of earlier engages the front drive.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks