• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission leak

jim1131

The linkage bracket attached to the side of the transmission pan was removed during govplanets demill process so I mounted it back on with a few bolts from the hardware store and noticed that there is a leak from one of the bolts holding up the bracket. The bolts are tight and I did replace the pan gasket and filter, what am I missing? Also the transmission light stays on even when the vehicle isn't running. I checked everything behind the passengers seat as well as the connector going to the trans control module and didn't find any issues nor am I getting any trouble codes. the fluid is full and the trans shifts fine but the light stayed on even after disconnecting the battery, what else should I check?

Attachments

Action

RWH has mentioned a few times that the TCM box can fill with water. Have you opened that up yet?
The tcm is 12v, so depending on what battery cable you removed, it may still be hooked up.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is no need to replace the trans pan gasket, they are reuseable, don’t install a cork or rubber aftermarket gasket, or it will leak, the OEM gasket has anti-overtorque spacer inserts molded into the hard gasket.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks