• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission Light On When Engine Off

Kevin Donahue

As the title says, my transmission light is on only when the key is in and engine not running. I just hooked it up finally so I don't really know if this is normal or not.
Once I start the engine it immediately goes off.

Tranny seems to run smooth but every once in a while it doesn't want to go into overdrive for some reason. Once I pull over and key off/back on it seems to fix that. This has happened maybe 3 times in 3500 miles so idk if I should be worried.

Also, is it safe to disconnect the TCM without disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery or do you risk causing damage? Asking for errr.... reasons.

Thanks for your help.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Always disconnect the battery before doing ANYTHING.
It might not fry it by having the battery hooked up, but then again it might. It's just much safer overall. Also a very good habit to get into anyway (or just install a battery disconnect switch on the ground anyway)

Kevin Donahue

Always disconnect the battery before doing ANYTHING.
It might not fry it by having the battery hooked up, but then again it might. It's just much safer overall. Also a very good habit to get into anyway (or just install a battery disconnect switch on the ground anyway)
Yep, I need to get around to doing that... probably not a bad way to keep it from getting stolen either if its a bit hidden.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, I need to get around to doing that... probably not a bad way to keep it from getting stolen either if its a bit hidden.
or you can do a keyed battery disconnect, they tend to use a universal key but not many people carry forklift keys with them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks