• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trouble separating steering arm from wheel knuckle

Micmada

So, for the life of me, this steering arm which is attached by 4 bolts on top of the knuckle on the picture will not pop out. Wondering if I forgot something. I tried a sissor jack between it and the hub to separate it, and also heated around it with a map torch. It is not budging.

Thanks,

Regards

Attachments

Micmada

I had to whale the hell out of mine to get it to free the cone washers . Once they are free it’s off easily .
Finally got it off after some energetic hammering. When I got it out, one of the conical washer was still seized up in there. Thanks all. Definitely am thinking of getting a air hammer

BEASTMASTER

ya, i was gonna say i don't see any hammer marks. never mind the rubber mallet ,get a good 3 pounder and HIT the d--- thing it's not made out of glass !!!!

CMPPhil

Hi
I've found that soaking them with acetone and ATF, over night once the nuts are off, and then as suggested vibrating them with air chisel. I dial the air pressure way down so as to deform the cones.

Cheers Phil

Micmada

I appreciate you all replies. So, I am inspecting now the hub. Once apart, is it normal for the inner roller bearing to have a travel play in the space between the copper seal and the hub bearing raceway?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks