• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TRUCK M35A2 U.S AIR FORCE

m715mike

Great pictures! Thank you. I like your Jeep Truck! There is a lot of eye candy in that last picture!

What’s the story with the Deuce? Are you getting it?

What model tractor is attached to the trailer that the Deuce is sitting on?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the pictures. Deuce looks unmolested but needs a lot of rust removal and repaint. Your 715 looks great!
Are the 666 trucks in your picture for sale? Is this yard in France?

foxtrot

I saw the heater, the compressor but no turbo on this model?
Truck 2-1/2 Ton 6X6 M35A2 WC W (LD 465 1C)
I want to read all the manuals that refer to this truck.
Can you tell me what are these supports?
On the 03-1971 truck plate with W for Winch?
Does it have MWO applications?

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can always convert it to a turbo engine. Several of my non-turbo trucks were converted to turbo. No noticeable difference in performance in any way from the factory turbo trucks. Off the top of my head, I had an M275A2, M109A3, and M35A2 converted to turbo.

I believe I can make out a WO/W in the top left of your data plate picture, which means "without winch." You typed this in your last message as WC W.

Any MWOs applied would be shown on the flat framework (kind of near mid-chest level as you face into the cab while standing on the ground) that is facing you as you open the driver's door. If the MWO tags are still there, you can usually research the information on the tags to determine what MWO each represents. If your truck has seat belts, it has had at least one MWO.

Charlie175

Air intake for the heater. The one is lower than normal? The other I assume if the weather is too cold, it is turned down?
Surprised the AF didn't have front lockers since they operated on roads more.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen the air scoop mounted facing down as in the second picture, but I don't think it is correct. I have installed a few heater kits, and I don't recall that in the instructions. The deuce in the background shows the air scoop in the proper mounting direction from what I have read. Regarding mounting it in the upper or lower holes, I only ever used the upper hole as this was shown in the installation directions that came with the kit. I have definitely seen the lower hole used, however. Perhaps, some of the kits (later kits?) included instructions to use the lower holes.

foxtrot

Still looking for my first M35.
The purchase of the truck presented above will take much longer to acquire it,
I don't want to rush the owner so I went to see another truck.
Your comments are welcome.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks