• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trying to find a value for this military vehicle, Land Rover Defender for US Rangers

970sm465

Hi, I hope it is okay to post this here. If I should post somewhere else please let me know. I am thinking of purchasing this Land Rover US military vehicle. Anyone know the value of these? I don't see any for sale on the internet at all. I am used to dealing in deuces and 5 tons. It has a small turbo diesel in it. It runs and drives great and has around 6k miles. Thanks in advance for the input. Hopefully the picture can be clicked on and get larger.
thumbnail_20160715_100722_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi, I hope it is okay to post this here. If I should post somewhere else please let me know. I am thinking of purchasing this Land Rover US military vehicle. Anyone know the value of these? I don't see any for sale on the internet at all. I am used to dealing in deuces and 5 tons. It has a small turbo diesel in it. It runs and drives great and has around 6k miles. Thanks in advance for the input. Hopefully the picture can be clicked on and get larger.
View attachment 636431

oh boy....I'm more interested in what paper trail it has...if any.

Jericho

I would have thought 20K IN GOOD SHAPE , IVE OWNED A FEW. cheap as dirt in England , but expensive here, Please any one jump in, I don't know of ANY "US Military" owned Land rovers. The Army is big on M series part interchangeability NOTHING from a landy fits any other ARMY vehicle that I know of. Perhaps a test vehicle,? although the AF owned lots of Bedford Trucks in England, they were all rubbish! There is an outfit in Maine that buys up used Landys and after complete overhauls exports them to the middle east , They routinely pay in the twenty's and charge in the hundred thousand dollar plus range, all custom work . Most of there canidates come out of Florida and the Carolinas

Jeep Nasty

We used them in the 75th Ranger Regiment.
RSOV
Ranger Special Operations Vehicle.

Brings back some memories, I'd love to have one.

Had a 240B mount on the passenger seat. Hood area.

We used to load them in the back of chinooks and C-130

Last edited:

970sm465

Thanks everyone for your input! If I end up with it I will add to this post. It is a neat looking little rig. I was surprised there wasn't much information on the internet about it. Have a great day all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks