• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trying to identify a new purchase 5 ton

Polaris bryan

Recently purchased blindly too good of a deal. Lol. Anyway trying to identify it by serial number if possible , I've been searching but un able to find a way to run it... it is a 800 series I believe , kaiser jeep is all I can make out on data plates. Ser.# 9526-10372

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Recently purchased blindly too good of a deal. Lol. Anyway trying to identify it by serial number if possible , I've been searching but un able to find a way to run it... it is a 800 series I believe , kaiser jeep is all I can make out on data plates. Ser.# 9526-10372
Well then... Congratulations on your new-to-you truck! Welcome to the outfit too!

You might do a lot better taking pictures of the full dash plates. Using the serial number data on a 40 or 50 year old truck might be a "tough sell" in any meaningful way. It is definitely a 5-Ton (looking at the wheels & lugs). The breather on the fender means that it is a M8xx (Like you said, 800 series). Might be a retired FireTruck or possibly a forestry truck because of the red paint.

Maybe some history about the truck and maybe a picture or several under the hood so the guys can pitch in and offer ideas?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
M39 series not an M809 series, A2 model with a multi fuel.

Probably an M54 with a flatbed or an M61 converted

A picture of the back of it would identify more

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going with M61A2 (Its M809-series cousin is the M810). Both models have the same wheel base as their tractor, bolster and dump truck counter parts, but with a slightly long end frame like that of the rare M743/M815 bolster truck. They were frequently fitted with water or oil tanks.

Polaris bryan

Data plates on dash are so far faded its very hard to decipher what it says.... I will get pics of the truck as a whole and post them up. As far as I can tell it does have a multi fuel engine appears to be Hercules but not positive.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clearly that is not the same truck as in the first post. When you figure out what you are buying get back with us.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can read the data plate photo, shows M61A2. The tank that was on it was the original military configuration. Probably an asphalt distributor. That's probably what is still in the tank. You have to heat it up for it to flow out. Well I suppose the tank was kinda useless for a hobby truck anyway.

Polaris bryan

I can read the data plate photo, shows M61A2. The tank that was on it was the original military configuration. Probably an asphalt distributor. That's probably what is still in the tank. You have to heat it up for it to flow out. Well I suppose the tank was kinda useless for a hobby truck anyway.
Am I that blind in my days I can't see where it says m61a2 lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks