• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tuff Country lift

bronco74

I want to put a 2" lift on my 1009. Looks like the Tuff County lifts are liked on the forum. Do I need to get the HD ride or the EZ ride? My 1009 is street driven 95% of the time. Thanks for any info.

powerhouseduece

They are the best for the money and they have good flex to them, but I always try to go with BDS or a Zone kit where I can. They have a 2" spring but on the diesel trucks its more of a leveling spring, you can always add a block or add-a-leaf to the rear. The main reason I run bds is cause of their no BS warranty, if you break any part of the kit, they will replace it for free, forever!! No matter what. I also noticed, their springs can take a beating and less likely to sag over time and if they do, they will give you new springs.

Cucvnut

They are the best for the money and they have good flex to them, but I always try to go with BDS or a Zone kit where I can. They have a 2" spring but on the diesel trucks its more of a leveling spring, you can always add a block or add-a-leaf to the rear. The main reason I run bds is cause of their no BS warranty, if you break any part of the kit, they will replace it for free, forever!! No matter what. I also noticed, their springs can take a beating and less likely to sag over time and if they do, they will give you new springs.

they will warranty everything but shocks

GPrez

I wrestled with the same dilemma recently. Everything I read seemed to point towards the Tuff Country as the best bang for the buck. Very well made springs. I opted for something a little less expensive though and went with the Pro Comp 2-1/2" lift with blocks in the back. I also went with the 3/4 ton set (K1060), which is probably the same as the HD set Tuff Country has, mainly due to the original springs being 3/4 ton and the heavy 6.2L motor.

It's only been a month with mine, but very happy so far.

ranchhopper

I just ordered a four inch lift from rough country yesterday all four springs (didnt want to go with rear blocks) shocks, pitman arm block but the kit didnt come with u-bolts though I am lifting the 1008 to use humvee tires and rims. I used rough country lifts on some 1009s this is the first on a 1008 being a one ton is the reason they didnt have the U-bolts but we have a shop locally thet does a great job bending them up for reasonable prices.

colelkhunter

ranchopper are you going to replace the rear springs on your 1008 with lift springs? Won't you lose most of your towing capacity? I have been looking to lift my 1031 soon, but want the towing capacity to stay the same, so I am going with rough country springs in the front with steel blocks on the back. Only doing 4" lift on mine.

ranchhopper

ranchopper are you going to replace the rear springs on your 1008 with lift springs? Won't you lose most of your towing capacity? I have been looking to lift my 1031 soon, but want the towing capacity to stay the same, so I am going with rough country springs in the front with steel blocks on the back. Only doing 4" lift on mine.
Yes the truck will go back to being a 3/4 ton but I have another stock 1008 for hauling firewood and a 77 chevy dually for pulling a trailer. The louisana NG have been beating this truck since 84 now its retired Im going with the lift because of useing 37 inch humvee tires and rims this will give me more roadspeed making the truck more versitile for civillian use.

Westech

CPL
you do know you can do a 2 inch lift for about 110 bucks right?
Go to autozone and get a set of 2 inch blocks and u bolts ($29.00)
Get a set of Zero rates (1 inch block/leaf) for the front ($40.00)
and a set of short add a leafs from summit racing ($39.00)
and your done.

you will not even need a drop steering arm.. all you will have to adjust is the short drag link to get your steering wheel back in line.... thats it... no messing with alignment or anything.

ranchhopper

you do know you can do a 2 inch lift for about 110 bucks right?
Go to autozone and get a set of 2 inch blocks and u bolts ($29.00)
Get a set of Zero rates (1 inch block/leaf) for the front ($40.00)
and a set of short add a leafs from summit racing ($39.00)
and your done.

you will not even need a drop steering arm.. all you will have to adjust is the short drag link to get your steering wheel back in line.... thats it... no messing with alignment or anything.
I was going to go this route but had a few extra bucks to spend and everything came at once no running around so now to put it on saturday.

GPrez

I only want to run 33" tires and think it looks good with a 2" lift. My 1009 does not need low gearing help.
I'm going to try and attach a picture of mine with a 2-1/2" lift & 33x 12.5 BFG Mud Terrains. I think it's a good mix of lift and tire and looks good. My avatar also is the truck if the picture doesn't load.

As for the gearing, I'm considering changing the gears in mine to something in the 3.5 to 3.7 range.

Attachments

WARWAG

I just ordered a four inch lift from rough country yesterday all four springs (didnt want to go with rear blocks) shocks, pitman arm block but the kit didnt come with u-bolts though I am lifting the 1008 to use humvee tires and rims. I used rough country lifts on some 1009s this is the first on a 1008 being a one ton is the reason they didnt have the U-bolts but we have a shop locally thet does a great job bending them up for reasonable prices.

Off Road Design sells the U blots for front and back. Dana 60 and Corp 14.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks