• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo ID Needed

Armada

Hey guys, hoping one of you turbo experts might know the application for this turbo. I believe it's for a deuce, but want to be sure. The housing looks a little different than the Multifuel C or D turbos I have seen. Orientation appears to be the same though. Maybe for a 5t multi? Here is the info from the tag, along with some pics:

Schwitzer Turbocharger
SN: 3ld - 305/g1272-228
PN: 11663392
Casting: 650461 R

Thanks!

Attachments

Armada

That flat plate on it indicates one of the older lds427 turbos. No reason not to run it!
Can the lds427 turbo be used in place of the D turbo on the LDT465?
Is it a direct swap? Can I bolt it in and forget about it?
Should I be concerned with EGT's or any other adverse effects?
How would it compare to a D turbo, performance wise?

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a direct replacement. I have one on an LDT465 that is in an M35A2(GL purchase). A few of us have them on the LDT's. It does not seem to perform any different than a "D" turbo. It does not whistle. I doubt it makes any different boost that would require fuel adjustments.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Its a shame I only Have 3 trucks with multis as I would like to run one truck with each of these turbos. Guess I'll just have to not run a C turbo.

mo-mudder

How many different turbos did these trucks come with? And is there an easy way to tell just from the tag which one I have? We have a C turbo (the whistler), a D turbo (non-whistler), and this Schwitzer. Since it came on the 427, might it be considered an A turbo? And if so, what was the B turbo?

wiersema07

I just bought a 1970 kaiser m35a2 first deuce ever has a D turbo. He came with thousands of dollars of new parts and spare turbo. I want the whistler and the turbo in there says Schwitzer so I’m assuming that’s the whistler ..tag says model MFR 53591 but cannot google in fo. And how hard is replacing turbo looks nice and open to do .??

wiersema07

We tried switching but the bolt to intake one is broke and other two can’t get loose so I didn’t want to chance breaking them so put it all back to the D turbo

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since this is the topic which one is this and which rebuild kit works for it?IMG_20190629_182454803.jpgIMG_20190629_182434592.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks