• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

turn signal/flssher problem

whyme

ive done some reading and found a few suggestions but i cant access the TM section (at work) and am looking for a quick answer so i can possibly resolve this.

the problem is i noticed today i have no hazards or turn signals. i read to check ground ect and i will when i get home but the truck is with me at work and its snowing like crazy out. the marker lights, headlights, and dash lights all work. i cannot confirm brake lights as its just me. also the horn went out a few days ago and its possible the blinkers want at that time.

so is there a common link between the two, a fuse?

whyme

hope that's not the case, got my fingers crossed for a simple problem. i do already have the new style solid state flasher.

Carl_in_NH

On my truck the lights worked but did not flash when the ground was out on the flasher assembly. Restoring the ground restored the flashing.

It might be your three lever switch or the internal breaker since you're lights don't come on at all. Could also be the power wire feeding the switch. Do your headlights work? If not, then it's almost sure the problem is with the wire feeding the three lever switch, or the breaker internal to it.

atvcat33

if your turn lever lights up and stays steady on, when you have it in the left or right trun position 99 percent of the time its the flasher, now i have seen the turn siganl mechanism go bad too and even traced it back to the 3 lever, but that would be last thing, the digital light switch was natorious for burning out flashers, but not so much on the 3 levers they used them for 40 years and still do today FYI

whyme

im gonna have to run to napa and get a new indicator light for the blinkers to test that theory. it was way too bright and i pulled it out last week, needless to say the bulb broke. i know the blinkers worked after that tho.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks