• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Two part light question

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All-
I was installing the LED B.O. lights that @jeepaddict was kind enough to pay forward and ran into some head scratching questions.

The first question lead me to the next and so forth. I'll try to be as accurate as possible so answers are clear.

I was changing out the rear white LEDs in the BO and realized that when I depressed the brake I had no voltage at the "BO Drive" position on my 3 way switch. I put it in the "BO Marker" position and pressed the brakes and voila... voltage.

My question is this:

Shouldn't I have brake light function on the white triangles when in BO Drive, not BO Marker?

Here is a picture of BO Marker with the brake depressed:

20210627_190649.jpg

And BO Drive with the brake depressed:

20210627_190534.jpg

The next part of my question **may** be related....

On my forward "regular" driving lights, I have my side Marker lights, headlights and blinkers. I also have a third bulb that does nothing. It doesn't come on in any position.... any ideas? It's the top one in the following picture:

20210627_190440.jpg

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
All-
I was installing the LED B.O. lights that @jeepaddict was kind enough to pay forward and ran into some head scratching questions.

The first question lead me to the next and so forth. I'll try to be as accurate as possible so answers are clear.

I was changing out the rear white LEDs in the BO and realized that when I depressed the brake I had no voltage at the "BO Drive" position on my 3 way switch. I put it in the "BO Marker" position and pressed the brakes and voila... voltage.

My question is this:

Shouldn't I have brake light function on the white triangles when in BO Drive, not BO Marker?

Here is a picture of BO Marker with the brake depressed:

View attachment 838067

And BO Drive with the brake depressed:

View attachment 838069

The next part of my question **may** be related....

On my forward "regular" driving lights, I have my side Marker lights, headlights and blinkers. I also have a third bulb that does nothing. It doesn't come on in any position.... any ideas? It's the top one in the following picture:
When those BO lights are turned on running blackout, wearing NVG allows you to see the truck you are preparing to crash in to the back of :cool: . Another light oddity for these trucks is the lollipop lights on the front fender work. They are off if the headlights are on. There is a vendor on here somewhere that fixes the lollipops so they stay on with the headlights with a "bolt-in" wiring fix.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When those BO lights are turned on running blackout, wearing NVG allows you to see the truck you are preparing to crash in to the back of :cool: . Another light oddity for these trucks is the lollipop lights on the front fender work. They are off if the headlights are on. There is a vendor on here somewhere that fixes the lollipops so they stay on with the headlights with a "bolt-in" wiring fix.

Ya, the issue I have is the top light on the front doesn't work at all...

The bottom light only flashes for "blinker" and "hazards"

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, when I was in the Corps, we laughed about the efficacy of the lights too... and the BO Drive light was hardly better. We almost ended up in a 1000 lb bomb crater except our driver felt something was amiss and stopped the truck.

(I was in the back with the artillery shells and powder 🤷‍♂️)

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After surfing the net, I came across this reference sheet. The bulb I'm referring to is #6-623 Bulb "Running Light"

I have no voltage at that socket on both sides of the truck.

Screenshot_20210627-203401_Chrome.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Also, when I was in the Corps, we laughed about the efficacy of the lights too... and the BO Drive light was hardly better. We almost ended up in a 1000 lb bomb crater except our driver felt something was amiss and stopped the truck.

(I was in the back with the artillery shells and powder 🤷‍♂️)
That could have made an exciting night!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks