• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Two prong NATO military slave plug?

3dAngus

Best to have a two prong, plus adapter too.

Both are available on ebay but are used.

New ones come available here from time to time if you can be patient. Don't buy the receptacle as it goes on the actual equipment end and is the wrong one you're looking for.

The cables are overpriced right now, IMO. I would wait and buy from a SS member. Or advertise a "WTB" (want to buy) in the classified. Sometimes people are holding and not able to advertise all they have.

Be sure to ask all the right questions if you get a used one. Many of them have arced out once or twice, or have a bit of corrosion, so be careful when buying high powered used electrical cabling.

emr

U could also look up past threads and get the names of the manufacturers and buy direct, thats what I did, and got new for what the dealers are charging for used ...

treeguy

Thanks Angus, your right, I've looked around and the high price is what has held me back. Does anyone know why when I attach jumper cables to the batteries from another 24 battery set I get crap for starting amps but when I connect the same battery set directly to the + on the starter and - on the frame a dead truck will start right up? I checked to see if its a bad connection to the battery posts, but they were fine. The reason I'm asking here is because the slave cables ultimatly do the same thing - connect to the battery not directly to the starter. (My battery cables have also replaced with new)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Does anyone know why when I attach jumper cables to the batteries from another 24 battery set I get crap for starting amps but when I connect the same battery set directly to the + on the starter and - on the frame a dead truck will start right up? I checked to see if its a bad connection to the battery posts, but they were fine. The reason I'm asking here is because the slave cables ultimatly do the same thing - connect to the battery not directly to the starter. (My battery cables have also replaced with new)
Your jumper cables may be too small......I have a set made out of welding cable....will start anything from a VW bug to a D8 dozer if you are jumping from a hot set of batteries.

ichudov

Guys, I do not think that beltfed34 has any 2 prong plugs.

I will keep looking, maybe I will make my own. It is good for charging batteries.

i

JAD561

Check out the e bay listings. I always type in cucv in search, and these always come up, along with lots of other military vehicle items. As far as jump starting, i have had to jump start my m1009 twice, and both times i attached a 12 volt portable JUMP starter to my # 1 battery.

ichudov

After a while of looking, I realized that this is major unobtainium. I will just make my own, out of 3/8" copper rods and some insulator. I just wanted to charge this MEP-006A thtough this plug, not to jump start bulldozers.

i

3dAngus

Prices are now down on slave cables, and connectors if you want to make your own on ebay. What a difference a few days make.
Used Slave Cables down to $125 and connectors $20. Good luck.
I saw one new set for $395. Must be made of gold, but I bet he bought it for six cents on the dollar at GL.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know why when I attach jumper cables to the batteries from another 24 battery set I get crap for starting amps but when I connect the same battery set directly to the + on the starter and - on the frame a dead truck will start right up?
It's because your battery bank is so low that it inhibits the current flow from the donor batteries to the starter.

If you leave the donor truck batteries connected to the recipient batteries for a while (5-15 min) with the donor truck running and charging all the batteries, it will eventually raise the voltage and the recipient truck will start.

This explanation can be confirmed with a voltmeter on the recipient batteries.

Rick

Wow, I didn't realize they were that hard to find. I was out at my local Army/Navy surplus store about a month ago and saw one of these sitting on a shelf. Two pron on one end, heavy duty looking battery clamps on the other. Dont' remember how much he wanted for them, but if I make it back out there any time soon and they are still there, I can let somebody know.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The problem can also be bad connections on your cables. When you go straight to the starter with your jump, your bypassing all those connections. My vote is for bad connections/grounds!

ichudov

Wow, I didn't realize they were that hard to find. I was out at my local Army/Navy surplus store about a month ago and saw one of these sitting on a shelf. Two pron on one end, heavy duty looking battery clamps on the other. Dont' remember how much he wanted for them, but if I make it back out there any time soon and they are still there, I can let somebody know.
Make sure that you are looking at a plug, not a receptacle. Two prong receptacles are very common and cheap as dirt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks