• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Two Questions

Loose Deuce

Is it possible to get a new emergency air valve for the deuce, the hand valve at the glad hand coupling ? Mine doesn't work and I have it plugged off for now. I wanted to get an original type before I had to start modifying it. I may have to get a used one instead.

last question, anyone remember the size allen wrench thats used to remove the fuel tank drain plug ? I will figure it out eventually and I dont think I have a allen socket that size.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the stem stuck frozen and the valve leaking? Don’t throw it away!
It takes a hammer and punch, a 13/16 wrench and some TLC to have it completely disassembled and cleaned. Eventually the coil spring is rusted and needs replacement.
Lubricate everything with silicon grease (also synth. grease) and it will work like new for years!

G.

Attachments

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good info! Need to clean mine, pretty stiff. The one under the dash is the same, already cleaned/lubed it, and works good.

Barrman

If you don't have a 9/16" allen wrench. Take a 3/8" bolt and nut which have 9/16" hex heads on them and weld them solid. Then stick the bolt in the tank and use a regular 9/16 wrench to turn it with the welded nut.

If you are in a hurry, a 3/8" bolt with a pair of vice grips works too.

FreightTrain

Banned
hmmm,Mine was a 1/2 inch square drive(just stuck my ratchet on it and yanked!Also,it will more than likely be TIGHT!).........Like all the plugs for any fluid holding device on the truck except the oil pan drain plug!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks