• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TX- The Military Heritage museum open house and 1st annual MV rally

Blueduce

The Military Heritage Collection and the FUBAR motor pool are proud to announce their first annual Memorial Day open house and MV rally. This event will be held on the museum grounds Sunday May 26th from 10:00am to 4:00pm. The museums physical address is: 20798 County Road 590, Nevada, Texas 75173. For additional information or contact us at http://fubarmotorpool.com/Home

The museum welcomes and encourages participation of all Steel Soldiers members, all military vehicle collector clubs, their families and friends to this must see event. If you are close enough to bring your MV please do so. There will be plenty of room to join in and display your vehicles.
This is the collection of Mark Witham and Eddie Furr. They will be opening there museum and motor pool for this very special event. The museum and motor pool are open to everyone and free to the public. The museum will be selling tickets for special raffle at the end of the day.

Not only will you be able to view this incredible and diverse collection filled with very rare American and British uniforms, paintings, vehicles and equipment from WWII to present. There will also be very notable surprise exhibits that are simply not to be missed.

The open house will be a day full of fun and excitement. The FUBAR motor pool will have an armored vehicle demonstration. Vehicles such as a fully restored and operational “Ferret” (British armored fighting vehicle), an “Alvis Saracen” (British armored personal carrier), and the FV433 “Abbot” SPG (British tracked armored self propelled gun). There will also be several other museum vehicles on display including a Russian BRDM II and a BTR 60.

The museum will have several static displays outside as well. This Military Vehicle display will include trucks and jeeps from WWII though the cold war years. There will be an antique car display which will include Model “A” and Model “T” cars. The museum will also be giving rides in an M35a2 Deuce and a half troop carrier 6x6 and a 1980 model M988 HMMWV.
As an added bonus there will be both Allied and German “Living History” groups there in period dress. They will be doing live fire demonstrations of WWII weapons. The kids will also have a ball with events and activities designed with them in mind.

As an update to the list of participants. We have now confirmed that The "Patriot Paws" organization will be attending with information and a few of there dogs. What a treat. We have also confirmed that a local RC (radio controlled) club will be there flying several of there scale war birds.

There will be cold drinks, food and souvenirs available. We will be serving snacks and a plate lunch all day long with several different selections to choose from.

All proceeds from this open house will go to the expansion of the museum and there continued dedication to preserving Military Heritage.

Attachments

Last edited:

Blueduce

Our little open house has grown into a full blown event since I originally posted this thread. We have confirmed that the living history group will now be twice the size we originally thought. This means the skirmish we planed on having between the allied and German forces has now grown into an all out assault with the allied troops gloriously advancing into the fray in a fully restored WWII half track.

The local ROTC unit will be 25 members strong to help with parking among other things. We have also confirmed with the East Texas MVPA chapter and they have committed several of there Military Vehicles to the event. The Military Vehicle Club of North Texas will also be there in force.

The Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association (CVMA) Will be attending the event with some of there bikes. The response to this event has been so overwhelming with commitments of attendance we have had to expand our original plans to make room for two more classic car clubs. We have also added additional activities for the kids by bringing in a bounce house and other fun games.

We have also been blesses by donations from local restaurants that will now be supplying all our food needs. Get ready for professionally smoked beef brisket and pulled pork sandwiches.

All Armed Services Veterans, Active Duty, Retirees, dependents and your spouses please remember to bring your ID cards. We have something special for all of you.

We still have room for a few more static display vehicles military or otherwise. If you or your club is interested please contact this thread ASAP. Time is short and space is now limited.

Last edited:

Blueduce

Indeed it will. I just confirmed that the Cow Town Combat Vets Motorcycle Association planning on attending the event. The East Texas MVPA has committed several vehicles and the Red River MVPA chapter is starting to check in as well.

Blueduce

We had a bit of rain out at the museum last night but the event is most definitely still on. We may have to adjust the vehicle demo and the deuce rides but everything else is still a GO. All 15 briskets and 80 pounds of pork are smoking as we speak.

Don't forget to bring your cameras. We will have some rather rare vehicles at the event such as a 1940 Chevrolet 8cwt CMP.

m151tx

Hi Guys.

Not wanting to bring everyone down, but some of you at the event were aware that late in the day a grandson of one of members crashed in the icu in Dallas.

The little guy is 6 and has been a fighter since he was a baby.

The family needs all the prayers they can get as he has a surgery tomorrow.

i will let you know how it goes, they are aware and appreciate the emails and offers of help but at the moment all they can do is wait.

they were surprised by the response from the MV guys, many they did not even know.

thanks guys.

mark

My favorite sentiment by far on a veteran:

Better than honor and glory and History's iron pen,
Was the thought of duty done and the love of his fellow-men.
Richard Watson Gilder

Thanks again for everyones help and spare a thought today for the kids in uniform overseas in harms way,

Mark Witham

Last edited:

Blueduce

The Memorial Day event was indeed a huge success. In a few years I'll bet we give Brent Mullins a run for the money. No offense Brent.. We had a wonderful turn out of visitors. Everybody from local veterans to cub and boy Scout troops. Maybe by next year we will have the museums 4,000 sq.ft. addition up and running.

Here are some picks of the event.

Attachments

338lapua09

Congrats on the event. Good to see a positive turn out and hope it keeps growing .It seems the Eastern show here has been getting smaller each year. Maybe a new location would be in order.

Keep the pics coming.Thanks

Blueduce

m151tx asked me to update everyone on the boys status. I wish I had good news but such is not the case. I didn't get the full story but I did find out that the little man did not make it. He passed on to a better place some time this morning. His parents, Grandparents and entire family thank you for your thought and prayers.
“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.Matthew 11:28-30
I will update this thread as I get more information.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks