• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Type III and IV Cargo Bed Covers

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Troops, I ran across this PDF in my searching for information one day and have meant to post here. We have many discussions going about cargo covers, shelters, etc. However, I've yet to see one of these discussed. It is a somewhat hybrid system in that it is hard sided, but collapses to a shorter height either for travel or transport. I've not seen one of these on any of the auction sites, but will likely start perusing for them. It appears there is a subframe mounting system and the collapsable cover.

2 1/2-ton type III, camouflage NSN 5411-01-472-7852

2 1/2-ton type III, desert sand NSN 5411-01-479-1932

5-ton type IV, camouflage NSN 5411-01-472-7857

5-ton type IV, desert sand NSN 5411-01-479-1933

See attached photo and PDF.

cargoinair1.jpg
View attachment CBC, Type III .pdf

I also found the TM that covers these CBC's, but wasn't sure if I should post here. Please let me know who to send the TM to for posting in the LMTV TM section.

Has anyone seen these? I've done a search on SS and not come up with any information. Maybe these are also offered at auctions and folks are not sure what they are.

DrillerSurplus

They sold at least a dozen in the past year- almost all out of Lockbourne OH warehouse. They were new-never issued condition and went for about $1,200 I think. I'll see if I can find some links to some of the lots. I got one out of Ft Lewis WA that was sort of beat up-haven't checked it out much after seeing that one of the cables that raises/lowers the upper half was broken.

DrillerSurplus

Well, I found one of the sales they were in, but I know there were three or four sales that had several of these CBC in each sale.
Government cost $45,157.00 according to GL's manifest. Let me know if the link doesn't work for you.
sale 14196 lots 1208-1210 out of Groveport. http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=10147034
I would have bought at least one if the freight weren't so much to transport to the west coast.
Is the TM you reference TM-10-5411-234-13-and-P dated 30 September 2002?

Last edited:

coachgeo

.... found the TM that covers these CBC's, but wasn't sure if I should post here. Please let me know who to send the TM to for posting in the LMTV TM section....
Believe the procedure is to go ahead and post a TM in an appropriate titled thread here in this forum. Then message a Moderator about moving the thread to the TM forum.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I found one of the sales they were in, but I know there were three or four sales that had several of these CBC in each sale.
Government cost $45,157.00 according to GL's manifest. Let me know if the link doesn't work for you.
sale 14196 lots 1208-1210 out of Groveport. http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=10147034
I would have bought at least one if the freight weren't so much to transport to the west coast.
Is the TM you reference TM-10-5411-234-13-and-P dated 30 September 2002?
Yes! The link and photos work. I could almost road trip to Groveport in the M1078 to pick one up. It's a bit over 400 miles one way. :driver:

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those covers/shelters seem pretty neat but I have not seen one in person. I joked a while back about making a hi/lo camper setup out of one. I would really like to see one to really check it out.

aghumvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the longer 5 ton shelter on the back my M923. They are very neat and look cool on the back of the 5 ton. I will post some pictures of it when I get a chance.

aghumvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally had a chance of taking some pictures over the weekend.

Attached are some pictures of the container on my M923.

It does not fit with troop seats very well.

I plan on selling it soon as I have no need for it anymore.

Thanks

Attachments

coachgeo

Thats a different animal that Recks posting.. Seems more like a cross between a S280 and a Glass/Fiber camper shell. Mighty sweet that is for sure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks