• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Types/models of military cable reel trailers?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have some historical insight into the models of cable reel trailers that have been used by the Army Corps of Engineers and other combat engineer-related units since WWII?

54reo

I don't know about models that were used specifically by the Corps of Engineers, but I do own two M310 cable reel trailers. The M310, along with the M271 pole trailer were the companion trailers to the V17A/MTQ and V18A/MTQ trucks.

Kind of rare, but you do see them from time to time on the government auction sites.

The M271 is tougher to find, I've only ever seen two for sale.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks