• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

U joint straps for rear driveshaft

PowerstrokeNC

Anybody know the part number for these?

I have a M998 with 6.5/3 speed and 218 transfer case.

Rear driveshaft has u clamps on front yoke going to TC and then it has straps for the one on the differential.

I am looking for the straps on differential side.

numerous visits to parts stores have proved fruitless even with driveshaft in hand.

the u joint cap is 1 1/16" or 1.06 in diameter.

thanks for the help.

Action

Take your strap to the store and find the right size in the generic section. Don't ask the guy at the counter. I have different stuff in mine, but the straps were at autozone.

PowerstrokeNC

Ok, mystery solved. Thought I would post info in case anyone else wants to know in the future.

Auto parts store stuff did not fit, tried NAPA, Advanced and Auto Zone.

the right part comes in a spicer box part number 2-70-18X

when I quoted this part number to some of the auto parts places they said they had it in stock (as a generic) however a physical comparison showed they weren't the same, so be careful of this.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks