• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uaz 469 help!

SheuM

I'm in love with the UAZ 469 but before I commit to buying one, I need some help! First off, are they street legal in the US? Secondly, I know you can get them in Europe, but how do I get the vehicle from Europe to the USA, specifically, Ohio? Any help appreciated, more later.

L1A1

You may want to contact someone like Your First Choice for Russian Trucks and Military Vehicles - UK Russian over in the UK as they deal in old Soviet era vehicles and have experience with exportation. From what I'm to understand, a vehicle has to be around 25 years old before it can be imported. I've included a link to a thread over on g503 pertaining to importing MVs into the USA. In turn, it has some usful links in it pertaining to the (US) Gov't regs regarding the importation of vehicles into the USA.

G503.com Message Forums • View topic - Importing an MV

Good Luck,
Matt

Tascabe

There is a UAZ 469 that was for sale in MN recently as well - if you did not want to bother with importing just yet.

I love driving mine - but I would not plan on too much street driving - except putting around town.

They are not speed demons and get downright scary at the higher speeds.

ftpt7

When I lived out west I used to Import landrovers from the UK, the rule of thumb was 25 years, this allows you to pass the requirements for DOT and emissions. Its a rolling 25 years, I also used a customs broker to handle the paperwork on the US side, bout $300 per unit, Ro Ro to port Hueineme was around a grand on Wilhelm Wallenius, they also service the east coast, shipping is calculated by cube , not weight, smaller you can make it the less it cost, I used to fold down the windshield and remove the door tops and tilt bars, stow them in the back, and reassemble stateside. Pilfering, yes , at Southhampton I had a set of seats fuelcap, and towhitch pinched once, more an annoyance than anything else. Make sure your Uk shipper or agent lets you know what its going to cost to get it to the port , try and use someone who has done it before or it can turn into a bit of a goat rope. I have bought stuff on MILWEB out of the UK, sometimes prices are better than the dealers !

USSR

When you're buying - need learn about the state of drive axles (this is a sore spot of this car). Find out as kake there are drive axles - civilian or military? This is a very strong effect on the price.
In our country you can buy an almost new car with storage (it was mothballed in warehouses of the Ministry of Defence).
And on the corrosion of the body should pay attention to)))
All spare parts - no problem to buy.

Tascabe

That looks super-nice!

And I think that was a pretty good deal you worked out too!

if you decide you only need one spare engine - let me know :)

everlastwelders

That looks super-nice!

And I think that was a pretty good deal you worked out too!

if you decide you only need one spare engine - let me know :)

Thank you Tascabe

i cant wait to get it , should be here AUG 15th. let me get the goods and will talk about the engine

also , i want to upgrade seats , want something with the headrest

any ideas ?

everlastwelders

Hello Guys

my car will be here in a week , just clear customs and i am all good :)

Here is my question .. is it possible to install power brakes and steering ?

If so .. what kits should i buy ?

oleg

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The UAZ 469 and its predecessor the Gaz 69 are still driving around here, both as hobby cars and as working horses. You can buy both here quite easy. Unfortunately, many people believe that since the revolution and us being part of the EU, every old car is automatically a veteran (true) with a high price regardless condition or mark (not true). It messes up the market a bit.

L1A1

I've been considering a GAZ69 how difficult is it to get parts such as wheel cylinders, brake lines or windshield wiper motor?

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks