• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Un-bob a deuce

paulfarber

I have the trailer to bob my 66. I plan on using the M105A2 trailer springs/subframe.. I see no real issues with the setup for my needs.

I would like to know has anyone un-bobbed a deuce? I know welding a frame has issues, but by the time I am done with my bobbed duece and am ready to put it 'back together' it will be a parade queen.

Other than the drive shaft, it looks like nothing is permanently modified (well, can't be welded back on).

Has anyone done it?

A

A/C Cages

The question is why would you want to? lol either one, unbob or the uncircumsize
Ouch is right

KsM715

I have never seen it done but I don't see why it couldn't be done. The 3' or so that gets cut off is behind where the stock suspension mounts so I think welding it back on would not be much of an issue. If you plan on pulling with a the pintle I would use some sort of inner frame (double frame) and bolt it back together along with welding.

joeinaforest

It would almost be cheaper to just go buy another one??!!?? I can't fathom why I would undo a bob when you can just go get another one for a couple grand??

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Even if it does cost more, the time and work involved in unbobbing, would be worth it. And you would have another truck[thumbzup]. Besides you would still have a hacked up truck no matter how well it's put back together.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Even if it does cost more, the time and work involved in unbobbing, would be worth it. And you would have another truck[thumbzup]. Besides you would still have a hacked up truck no matter how well it's put back together.
In another words, trying to UNHACK a HACKED up truck rofl

A

A/C Cages

Just give me the bobbed one and I will trade it for a whole one for free.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am guessing he is talking about doing this many years down the road when they are not as easy to find as today???

197thhhc

Putting the frame back together wouldn't be hard. You could get another driveshaft to modify and keep the original one. If you found a spare rear axle you could keep the rear tandems and the entire suspension together and just roll it back under. Piece of cake. [thumbzup]

Jimma

Sounds expensive, time consuming and silly. Just sell the bobbed one and with your profit buy an un alterted deuce.

Danger Ranger

ALL THE MAN WANTS IS THE ANSWER TO HIS QUESTION, NOT EVERYONE TELLING HIM NO. It doesn't matter if its cheaper or easier. He asked a question to be answered.

If one was to try to put a truck back together, I would probably fishplate, and /or box the frame, with welding and bolts too. There is no kill like overkill.[thumbzup]

paulfarber

OK, How about if I convert to an XM-381? Still an MV, still legit :)

The cost to undo it is some welding rod and some electricity.. I see maybe $20 tops even in Obama's utopia where energy prices are sky high.

I figured some sort of gussets *might* be required by as mentioned... every thing cut off is after anything important on the frame.

And no one has done it yet?

KsM715

No one has done it because its cost prohibitive at this point. Why would anyone buy a 6-10K dollar truck to convert it into a $3500 truck? If you really prefered 6x6 over 4x4 its way easier and cheaper to just go buy a 6x6.

Danger Ranger stuck up for you and now it looks like your just trying to stir the pot.

Edit: If you can find an authentic XM-381 go for it, its your truck, but its been made painfully clear that you are not here on SS to make friends.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks