• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

unity spot light

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the proper unity spot light to use on the deuces.
Don't remember ever seeing one mounted on a deuce. I suppose you could use a roof mount on a hard top. I would not use the newer style plastic heads, try to find an older model on e-bay.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only truck I've ever seen with them were fire trucks, one mounted on each upper corner of windshield.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Mine was a converted to a fire truck in 72. The plastic one on the passanger side is broke, and I the one on the driver side has a burnt out bulb.
It was made as a fire truck. Then it was converted to what you have not too long ago. I helped find the bed from your truck a home.

Bill W

they get mounted in the ( hard top ) roof as per military instruction , They don't give exact location but the ones I've seen ( On cargo bodies) were mounted in the front centerline to which I mounted mine in the same spot. Ibelieve there is only one style military (Unity) spotlight ( w/hand control )

Attachments

Last edited:

SPCWarning

Unity/Mopar Lights

I don't know the answer as to where they were mounted, just wanted to let y'all know what happened a couple weeks ago. My uncle came over for me to do a brake job on his pickup, when we finished up, he said "hey, I brought you something off your Pawpaw's truck". My Granddad passed away in '77, and the last vehicle he drove/owned was a '61 Ford fleetside shortbed. Well on his old truck were two chrome spotlights, one on each front corner of the cab. My uncle got them out of the back of his pickup there in my shop and I almost lost it (tears). I remembered them well when he showed me what he saved off Pawpaw's old Ford. We used to take his old Ford to go feed his cattle in Duffee, MS when I was real young, and if it was dark we'd "look" for deer on side of the roads and in pastures. What a keepsake!

I cleaned one of them up best I could, and they are identical except the metal tag on one says "UNITY", and the other says "MOPAR". I have no idea how old they are or what they were originally on, but SO glad to have them. I'll get 'em cleaned up real good and give them to my sons someday.

Not trying to change anything on this thread, just wanted to share this with yall. I'll take pictures after I get them cleaned up.
Jimmy

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know the answer as to where they were mounted, just wanted to let y'all know what happened a couple weeks ago. My uncle came over for me to do a brake job on his pickup, when we finished up, he said "hey, I brought you something off your Pawpaw's truck". My Granddad passed away in '77, and the last vehicle he drove/owned was a '61 Ford fleetside shortbed. Well on his old truck were two chrome spotlights, one on each front corner of the cab. My uncle got them out of the back of his pickup there in my shop and I almost lost it (tears). I remembered them well when he showed me what he saved off Pawpaw's old Ford. We used to take his old Ford to go feed his cattle in Duffee, MS when I was real young, and if it was dark we'd "look" for deer on side of the roads and in pastures. What a keepsake!

I cleaned one of them up best I could, and they are identical except the metal tag on one says "UNITY", and the other says "MOPAR". I have no idea how old they are or what they were originally on, but SO glad to have them. I'll get 'em cleaned up real good and give them to my sons someday.

Not trying to change anything on this thread, just wanted to share this with yall. I'll take pictures after I get them cleaned up.
Jimmy
It would be nice to see some photos of those, including the mounting brackets.

I recently added one to my 1994 USAF utility truck. Bought the correct era spotlight with the correct length shaft, for $10 at a swap meet, but the correct mounting bracket cost me $40 from Grainger. Still worth it!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
jsthnt@gmail.com

About a year ago I bought several Unity and GE police spot lights, these are for the common police and fire trucks. The mounting sleeve are slanted to accommodate a crown Vic or an American La France fire truck. I was going to take some pictures and sell them on this site. If your looking for a good pair let me know. Any set you will have to make a simple bracket to attach if the attached one rides on an angle and not flat. I think I have 8 pairs of them.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
As far as I know they were mounted on the l deuce pole/auger truck, Bolster,wrecker, and fire trucks in there original military configuration.
no, the lights on these are the ones on the wreckers, outside handled, not inside controlled, i have seen where some of the inside controlled lights were added later but you will not find them in the OM TMs

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks