• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Upgrade complete

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Things look a little different huh?

The upgrade is complete. Some things still needing to be addressed:

• Wiki Articles (This is a port over job, will be addressed as time allows)
  • Chat Room New chat is up, but not 100% yet. Waiting on license.
  • Upgrade account page (Currently only setup for Paypal, awaiting feedback from Chris) Operational again, more to come.

As time goes on, I'll revisit the following:
  • New member map DONE
  • Google search tool Nearly Ready
  • Social integration (facebook)

Please report any issue you find as well. Please note, the old navigation screen is gone from the site and will not return. Please view the "Latest Threads" column below the GL ad on the left.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice upgrade, but kind of miss the general overview of all the "active" threads. Bet fewer people with view certain categories because they are no longer up front, then again I was happy with the original, years ago format....

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice upgrade, but kind of miss the general overview of all the "active" threads. Bet fewer people with view certain categories because they are no longer up front, then again I was happy with the original, years ago format....
That was from CMPS. An add on to the site that has been decommissioned. vB 4.X comes with it's own content management system. The CMPS page that everyone else used is gone and not coming back. However, vB has a neat "What's New?" button that will provide you with an overview of what everyone is up to. (Outside the new thread button as well)

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, just have to learn a few things to get used to the features....now let's see if I can find the Log Out button...

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for all your hard work. It takes a little getting used to and you know people don't like change.......

:)

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Caught another issue, vB 4.2 cron jobs notifications. We're back to the instant mailing setting now.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I fear that may be a bone of contention with many folks. I know that was my primary navagation point. So far so good. Did have to toss the old cookies before I could reply to a post.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I fear that may be a bone of contention with many folks. I know that was my primary navagation point. So far so good. Did have to toss the old cookies before I could reply to a post.
Understood, but CMPS is not ever going to come back again. Never. Nada. Nope. No.

There's the what's new button that gives you a similar output, along with the same output in the left column from the main page.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't realize that tossing cookies was required. I'll be back in a few minutes.

There, all better now.

When did I have corn?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did find what may not be a bug but it is an annoyance. If I look at the activity stream page Bjorn's avatar extends out far enough with the background that you cannot read the first part of his posts.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Understood, but CMPS is not ever going to come back again. Never. Nada. Nope. No.

There's the what's new button that gives you a similar output, along with the same output in the left column from the main page.
Is this payback for that whole Tap-A-Toke deal a few years back???? LOL

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is something else I just found. When I went to private messages and tried to delete something about DH banning me the font color is too close to background color. :)

I also can't figure out how to upload a pic of said problem. That's secondary though.......

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Here is something else I just found. When I went to private messages and tried to delete something about DH banning me the font color is too close to background color. :)

I also can't figure out how to upload a pic of said problem. That's secondary though.......
Contrast is on the list. The graphics guy will help clear that up soon.

Use the go advanced to get to a reply screen where you can upload attachments.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now onto what I wanted to post to begin with...

Do all of the posts have to be "center" justified? It's kind of a PITA to read. Especially if you are making a list of bullet points in a post...look at Ron's one post in the 2013 planning thread in the admin section

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks