• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

upgrade generator to digital gauges

jamawieb

Jimc is the only person I know that makes direct replacement digital gauges. I have bought 5 full sets and several hertz gauges from Jim.
If any of the units I work on need gauges, I buy Jim's. When he first developed these gauges, I bought some of the first and they are still performing perfect (high quality)!

Crawdaddy

I upgraded to Jimc's frequency and volts/amps gauges. My genset lives outside in the rain and they are still looking and working perfect. When I originally installed the gauges I was worried that they'd get waterlogged or at least have condensation on the inside, but I haven't had any issues.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got some of the Chinese gauges that I put in the panel inside my house so I could monitor the generator from there. While they do work, they seem very cheap quality and I wouldn't won't to use them in a environment where they might get wet.

I don't want this thread to be a Jimc cheerleading thread but you really can't go wrong with his gauges.

rustystud

I've got some of the Chinese gauges that I put in the panel inside my house so I could monitor the generator from there. While they do work, they seem very cheap quality and I wouldn't won't to use them in a environment where they might get wet.

I don't want this thread to be a Jimc cheerleading thread but you really can't go wrong with his gauges.
I also have his gauge set and their great. The problem is I need more and he hasn't made anymore lately ! Jim please make up some more !

CT-Mike

For those of you that have been using these digital gauges for awhile, how is their long-term viability?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ones I got were from the first batch, maybe a year or more back. Still working good.

I tend to believe the jimc frequency gauge is more reliable that the stock gauge. The stock frequency gauges and associated transducer are known to fail fairly regular.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks