• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ural and Tatra next to the T34s

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Duncan, I stand corrected. When walking there, I saw something on the front that looked like Tatra. Did not pay too much attention to it.

I now looked at the originals of the pictures I posted here again, and you are absolutely correct. This first two pictures are the truck I saw, the third one of a Gaz 66 from internet

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never ceases to amaze me how ugly those MVs are. And that's saying something when I think a deuce looks pretty cool.

But they DO go places, don't they? ;)

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those interested, the Ural from the first pics is a diesel version, which is much rarer than the gas version. The guy said the difference in price would be about $2K, the one you are seeing would come to about $ 6K without papers (don't ask, its not for sale)

warewolf

The tank is VT-34, recovery version of T-34. Trucks are from the left GAZ 66 and Tatra 805.
Robo McDuff- is the diesel Ural still available?
PS. Ural with a radio body weights about 10-11 tons.

Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Robo McDuff- is the diesel Ural still available?
PS. Ural with a radio body weights about 10-11 tons.
I am sure it is still there, not sure if it is for sale at all. You're interested in buying it? If so, I could ask for a real price.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Robo McDuff Next time you go back there please try and get some close up shots on the spare tire carrier on the Gaz 66 with the radio box. Thank you in advance.

Wolf.Dose

Ugly, uglyer, that depends on the point of view and what you are used to. The eastern trucks were built for the needs iof the Russian Army and there did a fine job. The US trucks were built for the needs of the US Army and did their job there as well.
The tracks of the tank are the typical designe of the T-34 Series tanks of WWII. The German tracks of that time look quite different, for these tracks originaly were not designed for the russian mud.
The nowadays MRAP trucks not realy look nice, however are built to nowaday needs.
Here a pic of a GAZ 66 with full operational radio body, ex NVA.
The Ural also has a full operational radio body, a 7 l V8 gas engine with 150 hp and a fuel consumption of 4 to 4.5 mpg on level roads. In hilly terrain this might come down to 2 mpg. With German fuel prices of about 8 US $ this is an expensive hobby.
Wolf

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks