• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

US Radio Interoperability Exercise November 4-6

Wire Fox

I just heard about this interoperability exercise coming up soon. The intent is to put into practice some communication drills that would take place were we to lose conventional communication, so the DoD will be tying in MARS and other amateur radio groups into this exercise. More details here: http://www.arrl.org/news/communications-interoperability-training-with-amateur-radio-community-set

As a brand new general, I at least want to listen in to what's going on.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the General.

I've been a member of the ARRL since becoming an amateur radio operator and I highly recommend membership. They just did an update on the 25 2-man teams they sent to Puerto Rico for 3 weeks to provide communications where needed.

Wire Fox

So thought that I'd throw this in here... Paul English, the MARS program manager, threw in some clarifying statements about this. (All the information was there, but it was majorly overlooked.)

First and foremost, he wanted to say that this excercise is targetted toward all license amateur radio operators, not just those that are part of an EMCOMM group.

Second, the two broadcasts listed in the press release will be providing information on further instruction.

Again this year, a military station on the east coast and the Fort Huachuca, Arizona, HF station will conduct a high-power broadcast on 60-meter channel 1 (5330.5 kHz) on Saturday from 0300 to 0315 UTC. New this year will be an informational broadcast on Sunday, on 13,483.5 kHz USB from 1600 to 1615 UTC. Amateur Radio operators should monitor these broadcasts for more information about the exercise and how they can participate in this communications exercise, English said.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks