• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

USA Tire/Wheel options for Combloc Wheeled Armor

beltfed1934

*posted on the Eastern Block Vehicles forum also* All,
Looking to see if anyone has any USA-based solutions for replacement tires/wheels for Combloc wheeled armor w/13x18 tire/ Wheels, such as the BDRM and the vehicle I own, a yugo BOV M86. I bought the last 2 Soviet 13x18 42" Tires from CM Army Tires. So, now I only have a set of 2 when I really need 4. My vehicle has a more western looking lug pattern than these soviet tires. Has anyone found a comparable tire over here in the states or some other solution?? Was thinking about making some wheel lug pattern inserts to weld into a common US mil truck/tire but that seems to be the most extreme option?
TIA, Austin

kommando

Hi, I know this post is old but I did kinda find a tire that worked after a lot of digging and discussions on off-road forums.

Although, one of my friends and I are going to try and import a bunch of tires if you're interested.

beltfed1934

Hi, I know this post is old but I did kinda find a tire that worked after a lot of digging and discussions on off-road forums.

Although, one of my friends and I are going to try and import a bunch of tires if you're interested.
Not sure at this point what direction I want to go. Care to share the tire you found? What's the price point on the import tires?
TIA

eMGunslinger

Not sure at this point what direction I want to go. Care to share the tire you found? What's the price point on the import tires?
TIA
If you can find them in England you can piggy back in my containers, I usually have one coming in once a year with parts for my Centurions.

kommando

TIA
Interco makes 41x14.50-R18 tires
So that's probably the closest size on the US market. They'd be 1.5" wider but would be only 1" smaller in diameter.

The closest I could find that matched the same width was 38X13.50R18. yokohama and Toyo make them in those sizes, Toyo seems to be the best priced at ~$500 a tire, which is also significantly cheaper than the 41" Interco tires, but at 38" they would be 4" smaller in diameter.

Honestly wider tires aren't a bad thing so the interco ones are prob the best domestic ones, but the interco super swampers are like $700 per tire.

kcimb

Interco makes 41x14.50-R18 tires
So that's probably the closest size on the US market. They'd be 1.5" wider but would be only 1" smaller in diameter.

The closest I could find that matched the same width was 38X13.50R18. yokohama and Toyo make them in those sizes, Toyo seems to be the best priced at ~$500 a tire, which is also significantly cheaper than the 41" Interco tires, but at 38" they would be 4" smaller in diameter.

Honestly wider tires aren't a bad thing so the interco ones are prob the best domestic ones, but the interco super swampers are like $700 per tire.
Load rating?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks