• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Use what you got! "New" aux fuel tank. :)

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a fuel tank from a MEP003 that was parted out years ago. Figured it would make a good AUX tank for the other generators. Its super clean inside.

Hacked a few pieces of scrap wood together as a base to hold it and there ya go. An extra 12 gallons of fuel at the ready!

I'm going to cap off the two unused ports to make sure nothing gets where its not supposed to be.

2021-12-04 11.56.57 (Medium).jpg2021-12-04 12.05.05 (Medium).jpg

Also finally got to put the A427 load bank I picked up at auction back at the beginning of the year to use. It was SOOOO nice to be able to dial in exactly how much load I wanted to put on the generator.

2021-12-02 15.19.26 (Medium).jpg

Had it dialed in to 26a on the amp meter. The load meter is a bit off which is typical. I recommend always using a clamp on meter for load when load testing.

2021-12-02 16.43.10 (Medium).jpg

I've not had any time to spend working on generators for a while. Its been nice to get out and do something fun.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was planning on using my extra fuel tank as well, I have a clean one laying around. Trying to figure out how to mount it on my trailer so it looks like part of the deal. Good job

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The motivation for the hacked together frame is I wanted to have more fuel available for the generator since it going to be rainy at the racetrack this weekend. Fewer fill-ups will reduce the risk getting rain in the tanks. Thats the thought anyway.

Assuming this works out as I expect I will make a metal frame to hold the tank and attach it to the trailer where the MEP803 lives.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks