• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

using behr on firearms

hplacess

there are several threads on people successfully using Behr on their vehicles. i also have had great success with it on an army trailer. after it cures it is tough stuff.

has anyone here done that with firearms? real firearms or non-firing recreations.

many people paint their real firearms (like an AR-15) with rattle cans like Krylon or Rustoleum. I was wondering how the Behr would work out.

any sharing of first hand experience would be appreciated.

thanks

Last edited:

ToddJK

there are several threads on people successfully using Behr on their vehicles. i also have had great success with it on an army trailer. after it cures it is tough stuff.

has anyone here done that with firearms? real firearms or non-firing recreations.

many people paint their real firearms (like an AR-15) with rattle cans like Krylon or Rustoleum. I was wondering how the Behr would work out.

any sharing of first hand experience would be appreciated.

thanks
I wouldn't use it if it's a latex paint. Maybe on reproduction models that aren't being used or non functional, then I'd think it would work fine. With Duracoat, Cerakote, and rattle cans, those options work fine, the Behr will work just the same as Rust-Oleum if it's oil based. Some matte clear coat will make it last longer as well.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Getting it to stick properly may be a big issue. You want to paint this on plastic and not a wooden stock right. If you paint a wooden stock I will have to go to church and light a candle for you. Lol

Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks