• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Using m105 suspension on a bobber - couple questions

Joeinderry

Hello, I am using the suspension from a M103 trailer (same suspension as a M105). My question is, what do I do if anything to where the spring mounts to the axle? Do I just set the spring on the axle and ubolt it on? Or do I need some type of mount in between?
Also does anyone have a diagram or measurements of the ubolts they use? Or a source for the ubolts?
Thanks for any help, Joe

Reckless

Xm381.com has a ton of pictures and descriptions on how they used the trailer springs on the deuce axles. You basically have to build a perch and a shim.

MilSpec78

You can skin this cat in many ways. Just searching this sight will give you plenty of ideas. As Reckless said, xm381 is a good place to start. At a minimum you will need a spring perch that gives you three to four inches of lift. Some people weld the perch to the axle and others do not.

I made all my suspension parts with just an angle grinder, drill press and welder.

You can get ubolts made locally at truck suspension places or order them online. 5/8" and 3/4" rod is used. I used 3/4".

Here is a pic of mine. It was taken via iPad with no flash so it is a little grainy.

Attachments