• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

V8 swap 5.2L

nattieleather

First off I have to ask...is it hard to drive that truck from the front fender...lol! :ROFLMAO: Okay for your question...I don't know. I guess the first place thing to look at is if the Magnum V8 mounts the same way as the old 318s did and if it's bolt pattern for the bell housing is the same. If so then one of the kits out there for putting the 318 into the M37 should make it easy for you. If it is different then you're going to have to make your own motor mounts and adapter plate. The only other suggestion I can think is let you finger do the walkin and google Magnum V8 to T-98 (or NP420) adapter. You might get lucky and find someone whose already made one. My gut feeling is you will have to make your own stuff.

btdoc

First off I have to ask...is it hard to drive that truck from the front fender...lol! :ROFLMAO: Okay for your question...I don't know. I guess the first place thing to look at is if the Magnum V8 mounts the same way as the old 318s did and if it's bolt pattern for the bell housing is the same. If so then one of the kits out there for putting the 318 into the M37 should make it easy for you. If it is different then you're going to have to make your own motor mounts and adapter plate. The only other suggestion I can think is let you finger do the walkin and google Magnum V8 to T-98 (or NP420) adapter. You might get lucky and find someone whose already made one. My gut feeling is you will have to make your own stuff.
Thank you for the reply. I’ll check with Novak as I’ve heard they make an adapter for this line of V8 engine. I believe the transmission is the old style as well. Yeah that seat on the front reminds me of Hatari with John Wayne! They actually used to use this rig as a feed vehicle at a wildlife safari. I don’t think my kids are gonna let me take it off either!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks