• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

vaccume lock in MC???

whyme

been doing some PM on the truck since i finally got my fuel problems sorted.

have had a soft petal for a little while, brakes worked fine just didn't engage till about touching the floor, it had been fine last fall and seemed to drop rather quickly (noticed it over a period of a two weeks of daily driving. i kept a close eye on the fluid level and noticed no change, no leaks, no dampness, and the soft lines all look ok (no cracks). so i decided to go through and adjust the drums using the minor (top) adjusters, none took more than a quarter turn to lock the drum while spinning the tire by hand. in each case i backed off just enough to release.

aired up and noticed only a minor improvement, the petal still gets within a quarter inch to the floor. tried pumping them up and got nothing. at this point i was curious to see if the master cylinder was at fault, i suspected that either the check valve wasn't holding residual, the hole from the reservoir was clogged, or the MC was gummed up. i also noticed that although the petal returned immediately when released that the piston in the master took a few seconds to reset fully.

so i removed the cap and pumped a few times to see what happened. all of a sudden my petal is engaging at about half. i also noticed if i pumped it a few times it would build and work about an inch from the top. let it sit for a few min and it was back to the middle but no farther.

my cap does have a breather but it only vents air out, im curious whether its possible i had a vacuum in the reservoir that inhibited its function?? for now i removed the breather cap and attached a section of tube to keep crud out and still let it breathe.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks