• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vacuum brake booster and master cylinder for modified m1028

alex33072

I got a vanilla m1028 a while back that had a bad motor. Removed the diesel engine and I'm putting in a 350 SBC. Has anybody had experience putting a vacuum booster and master cylinder in from a civilian comparable pickup truck? Am I going to have issues because of the larger brakes on the 1028? Anybody with experience in this area? Thank you.

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a vanilla m1028 a while back that had a bad motor. Removed the diesel engine and I'm putting in a 350 SBC. Has anybody had experience putting a vacuum booster and master cylinder in from a civilian comparable pickup truck? Am I going to have issues because of the larger brakes on the 1028? Anybody with experience in this area? Thank you.
I don't have any experience in swapping out a hydroboost system for a vacuum system.

Why do you want to make the change? Even the 1984 Chevy C30s with 350s had hydroboost.

alex33072

I guess the consensus is that I should keep the hydro boost. I thought that in the long run it would be cheaper and more reliable to put a vacuum booster in. Seems that many of you disagree. Thank you for your input.

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess the consensus is that I should keep the hydro boost. I thought that in the long run it would be cheaper and more reliable to put a vacuum booster in. Seems that many of you disagree. Thank you for your input.
I'm adverse to changing things that don't need to be changed but if you'd rather have a vacuum booster it's your truck and your decision. I just wanted to point out that the hydroboost is maybe more common than you know. And maybe you already knew that as well.

My 2000 Silverado even has hydroboost.

Good luck friend. I hope your project turns out the way you want it to.

alex33072

I'm adverse to changing things that don't need to be changed but if you'd rather have a vacuum booster it's your truck and your decision. I just wanted to point out that the hydroboost is maybe more common than you know. And maybe you already knew that as well.

My 2000 Silverado even has hydroboost.

Good luck friend. I hope your project turns out the way you want it to.
Thank you for your advice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks