• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vacuum pump issues

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I checked the vacuum on the pump at the 3/8" fitting and it holds at a steady 26. At the small line going from the pump to the vacuum switch it flucuates rapidly from 18-14. Coming out of the vacuum modulator to the tranny is a steady 11. The truck is a 1986 M1008 shifts at 15 and 35. Any help would be appreciated. The lines are all new and tight.

Russm

From your description I don't see any issues. I've adjusted mine to also shift at 15 and 35.
Are the shifts rough or causing concern somehow?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From your description I don't see any issues. I've adjusted mine to also shift at 15 and 35.
Are the shifts rough or causing concern somehow?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
My concern is that it fluctuates rapidly between 18 and 14 and I was wanting to know if this was normal or a symptom of the vacuum pod getting weak. Thanks

cucvrus

I agree with the previous poster. If it shifts fine and you have no negative problems keep on going. What is the concern? It will fluctuate it is on a distributor drive with a diaphragm. Finding new ones is getting hard. Are you having issues? If you dig deep enough you will find more problems. But if it were mine and everything was shifting fine I would drive on. That vacuum system works fairly easy. I usually get a local transmission shop to set mine up if I have issues with the shift and not shift. Works out better for me and is $20-$40. well spent. Good Luck.

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with the previous poster. If it shifts fine and you have no negative problems keep on going. What is the concern? It will fluctuate it is on a distributor drive with a diaphragm. Finding new ones is getting hard. Are you having issues? If you dig deep enough you will find more problems. But if it were mine and everything was shifting fine I would drive on. That vacuum system works fairly easy. I usually get a local transmission shop to set mine up if I have issues with the shift and not shift. Works out better for me and is $20-$40. wel

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the help. I didn't know that the vacuum pump readings fluctuates. I feel some relief. I know the pumps are getting scarce so I thought I should grab one for insurance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks